Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I checked out a Craigslist ad that led me to drive a 5 hour round trip from my house. A 2015 Indian Vintage, Willow and cream, 4200 miles. Stage 1 air cleaner, Stage 1 pipes with fishtails, Front and rear fringe mud flaps, Front fender rail, Passenger backrest with luggage rack, pullback bars, and over 3 years left on the warranty.
After taking it for a spin around his neighborhood, I shook the mans hand at $15000. He's taking a couple of days to get the title from his bank, and then I'll hitch another 2 and half hour ride down to ride her back to her new home.
This is my first Indian. Maybe my last bike. I've been dreaming of this for a while. Just thought I'd share on a forum that could understand my joy.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Good for you, sounds like a good deal. Welcome

Reactions: Lost Hillbilly

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the tribe. A couple of months ago I did the same thing on Craigslist for a Willow green /cream 2015 Chief Vintage with a Hannigan sidecar and have really enjoyed the bike. I bet you will love it. Congratulations.
Wow! That sidecar looks amazing. Thanks for the welcome. I can't wait to start actually posting on here once I'm in the saddle.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds similar to the deal I got - 2014 Vintage, 3,600 miles, 3 years left on warranty, Freedom Exhaust, Green/Cream (yes, on a 2014 - custom paint from the factory - test version of 2015 paint - mine is better than what they went with), drove 4 hours one way to get it - $15,000. Very happy with my purchase!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
congrats! make sure the seller transfers the warranty over to you by doing the proper paperwork. I believe there's a 30 day period to do this
Thank you for the tip! I would never have thought about it. Do I need a code for the keyless system, or will the fob do what I need to do? Are there any other things I should be thinking about before I take the title on this bike?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thank you for the tip! I would never have thought about it. Do I need a code for the keyless system, or will the fob do what I need to do? Are there any other things I should be thinking about before I take the title on this bike?
You'll want to get the code from the previous owner, otherwise you'll have to have the stealer reset it to a code you want. If you do get the code from the seller, you'll be able to change it yourself.

My experience regarding the warranty had nothing to do with the seller. I don't believe the seller can "transfer" the warranty to you without Indian/Polaris getting involved (unless he is willing to pay the transfer fee). I went to my local dealer - he pulled up my VIN in their system and saw that it had an extended warranty. I simply filled out a form and paid $40 (if I recall correctly) to transfer the warranty to my name. Well worth it, since it cost over a grand to the original owner. Indian/Polaris has a good system - all the history for each Bike is at their fingertips.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.