Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which would you recommend

• Legend Revo-A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nitron R1

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I want to say sorry for another shocks thread, I swear I think I've read every other one on the forum.

I think I've narrowed it down to 4 but wanted to see if there was anyone who might have had a couple of the shocks below and might be able to give a comparison (I know most people can't as they stick with whatever they upgrade to)

1) Progressive 444s (I have these on back order & are the cheapest on the list)
2) Legend Revo-A
3) K-Tech RCU Razor Lite III
4) Nitron R1 (the most expensive)

I'm still not sure which one I should go with and am wondering if after a certain level/price the return on investment isn't worth it.

Again, sorry for another shocks thread but hoping for some feedback.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Call Traxxon Dynamics for another option, they rebuilt my stock rear and added their cartridge shocks to the front, night and day over the stock shocks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Eeyore How do they rebuild the rear? Do they change the spring or something? (I'm a complete novice when it comes to shocks)

I have progressive springs in the front so just looking for the rear shocks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds like you are suffering a bit from ANALYSIS PARALYSIS. You already know the answer and to be honest, none of them are wrong. They are all mass improvements over stock. I think the only thing to consider is based on your riding style (aggressive in corners, nice soft cruising ride, etc).

I do the same thing, I research and research and read and read and try to find new things to read I have not seen yet by doing different search phrases. I overwhelm myself with information and am afraid to 'make the wrong choice'. In the end I get mad at myself for spending so much time thinking about it when the answer was my gut instinct from the start. I can say I have never really made the wrong choice bad enough I regretted my decision and am always happier than I was with what I had before.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you are suffering a bit from ANALYSIS PARALYSIS. You already know the answer and to be honest, none of them are wrong. They are all mass improvements over stock. I think the only thing to consider is based on your riding style (aggressive in corners, nice soft cruising ride, etc).

I do the same thing, I research and research and read and read and try to find new things to read I have not seen yet by doing different search phrases. I overwhelm myself with information and am afraid to 'make the wrong choice'. In the end I get mad at myself for spending so much time thinking about it when the answer was my gut instinct from the start. I can say I have never really made the wrong choice bad enough I regretted my decision and am always happier than I was with what I had before.
Haha yea I do tend to overthink things like this. I was pretty set on the Progressives and even put an order in for them. Maybe because they've been on back order, I started getting impatient & doubting myself.

I'm still leaning towards the Progressives but also wanted to see if anyone thought the ride difference between the Progressive's and the more expensive options was worth the price difference. There has to be a point of diminishing returns on shocks and I was wondering if the 444s are it (for casual riding).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts