Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go out to the garage to check on my bike and spot on the rear fender chipped paint at the tip of the fender! I know I did not back it into anything. It was good when I put the bike up from my last ride. I have caught my 14 year old sitting on my bike a few times. It had been moved to get to something in the back as well. I think he may have done it. That aside I need to fix the damage any help suggestions would be great! I know that there are chip repair kits if any of you have used them or have one to suggest I would like to hear about it.
White Black Rim Personal protective equipment Wheel

·
Registered
426 Posts
ColorRite Motorcycle Paint

Thank me later ;)

Choose your make, model and year and the colors should show up. I have used that site for at least 3 bikes so far, including my 2016 roadmaster and my 2017 rm when rocks chipped the paint on my lowers.

good luck and just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I had a couple of rock chips show up on my green/cream RM. I got the touch-up paint from the dealer and filled the chips in. You can only really see them if you get up close.

It's going to happen, it is a motorcycle, not a museum exhibit.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Also, I think you should be more worred about what seems to be rust by the chrome strip. That might be a bigger problem at this point.

Reactions: Geoff-3 and Jim59

·
Registered
426 Posts
Good eye, Trench.
im fu%^ing anal about this rust shit.

Just had fenders replaced under warranty at the end of July for bubbling paint and rust (both fenders) and on my new ones I already see signs of rust again at the seams. Going to be making a vent thread about that later with lots of info and what ive researched.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a couple of rock chips show up on my green/cream RM. I got the touch-up paint from the dealer and filled the chips in. You can only really see them if you get up close.

It's going to happen, it is a motorcycle, not a museum exhibit.
I know I just don't want it to rust out there and have to replace the fender later.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
im fu%^ing anal about this rust shit.

Just had fenders replaced under warranty at the end of July for bubbling paint and rust (both fenders) and on my new ones I already see signs of rust again at the seams. Going to be making a vent thread about that later with lots of info and what ive researched.
I noticed that I have some bubbling starting on my front fender. When I mentioned it at the shop where I had my tires installed, the service guy was all "yeah, that happens with these bikes"...it may have been a translation error, as I am in Germany. I will probably end up having to have them replaced after I rotate back home in two years.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Immediately enroll that 14 year old in a body shop class at school (unless it's been replaced with a safe space), and as soon as he graduates, have him fix your bike to a better condition than it is now. I'll betcha a dime to a donut, he'll appreciated the efforts put into that kind of labor, and never mess with something that is not his!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.