Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many bikes are shipped with the front wheel off and the front axle and forks used as a mounting point on the bottom of the crate. This drops the profile down a bit. Also the Handle bars are off and this makes for a more narrrow crate and less damage if something goes wrong. So assemble means front wheel back on and all wiring and cables etc back on the bars.

I shipped my Boneville like that to Hawaii in 68 and then back to CONUS again in 1970.
When I asked my dealer before they 'assemble' my bike we could swap out the pull back bars to save on labor costs she said the scouts come pre-assembled and the only thing they have to do is tire pressure and fluids.. So I will have to pay them to swap out my bars when and if my bike comes in!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Oooo! Dealer setup! What a freaking rip off!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
This setup thing is funny. Just think that the guys in the back have been exposed to a Scout the same amount you have. When they sat on the demo. If you rode twice you ought to be doing the setup. ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow! that all they have to do?

Look like I will be taking oil,coolant and an crew gun with me when the time comes. Shmea!

I will have a sacrilegious Indian fire dance while the crate burns in the parking lot.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Found this to be true on any Factory Add Ons .. Already reading the Service Manual Close and Yours Truly will be doing his own Add Ons .. The Accessories are Expensive enough without having to pay the Dealer more Bonus Bucks at their Premium Hourly rate to have this done ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts