Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in a pickle, motorcycle is in Phoenix and due to COVID-19 I may not be able to cross the border to ride it home. Can anyone recommend a motorcycle carrier that would ship from Phoenix to Sweetgrass,MT/Coutts,AB border crossing?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Checkout Haul Bikes

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion

·
German Rider
1,733 Posts
Just a guess, but maybe he isn't allowed to enter the USA as a canadian/foreigner at the actual situation????????

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
600 Posts
I’m in a pickle, motorcycle is in Phoenix and due to COVID-19 I may not be able to cross the border to ride it home. Can anyone recommend a motorcycle carrier that would ship from Phoenix to Sweetgrass,MT/Coutts,AB border crossing?
I think you can fly into Pheonix and then ride it back. You will have to self quarantine for 14 days after you cross the AB border. Not sure what the rules are in Arizona - from tourism.az.gov site - "There are no current travel restrictions for any individuals visiting Arizona". Not sure if you can find a direct flight - you may need to connect in Denver or LA. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why wouldn't you be able to ride to Canada? Are cars prohibited from crossing?
my understanding Is that I cannot enter the US as I am not an essential traveler.

On May 19, the United States and Canada announced a mutual agreement to extend temporary restrictions on non-essential travel across our shared border for an additional 30 days (Now I’m hearing extension to late July, possibly later yet).
  • “Non-essential” travel includes travel that is considered tourism or recreational in nature. “Essential travel” still permitted includes: work and study, critical infrastructure support, economic services and supply chains, health, immediate medical care, and safety and security.
I’m sure They won’t consider me retrieving my motorcycle as “essential“.

Reactions: Demolition Man

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting point, I to am looking to ride from Colorado up to Montana, Flathead lake area and Glacier National Park and was looking at dipping into Canada. I have not looked into the restrictions yet. I will have to get informed as well. It is essential I ride that is for sure.:cool:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree, it’s essential that I get my motorcycle to ride this summer!

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
658 Posts
3clicks, My understanding from reading the Maine media (I live here half the time) is that you can fly from US into Canada, and if you have family in Canada-or driving commercial, or headed to Alaska through BC, bienvenue au Canada. Other travel is strictly prohibited. It has certainly changed the lifestyle around here. We used to eat in New Brunswick 3-5 times a week. Seafood for 65 cents on the dollar!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
600 Posts
my understanding Is that I cannot enter the US as I am not an essential traveler.

On May 19, the United States and Canada announced a mutual agreement to extend temporary restrictions on non-essential travel across our shared border for an additional 30 days (Now I’m hearing extension to late July, possibly later yet).
  • “Non-essential” travel includes travel that is considered tourism or recreational in nature. “Essential travel” still permitted includes: work and study, critical infrastructure support, economic services and supply chains, health, immediate medical care, and safety and security.
I’m sure They won’t consider me retrieving my motorcycle as “essential“.
From what I can see from US Gov - the non essential restrictions apply to "border crossings only" and does not apply to air travel.

Q: What will this mean for airline travel and other travel across the border?

A: This action does not apply to air, rail, or sea travel at this time, but does apply to commuter rail and ferry travel.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From what I can see from US Gov - the non essential restrictions apply to "border crossings only" and does not apply to air travel.
I’m trying to confirm This. I would hate to buy an airline ticket, show up at the airport and be refused entry into the US.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: Fidman

·
Registered
45 Posts
From what my buddy found out, the border(at least the one we would try to cross) is closed till July 21st. So I guess we will drive up to it, take our picture and head back south. Oh well, leave something for the next trip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts