Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may not be a problem for some, but just thought would mention it .. First I want to make clear there is absolutely no problem with the Clutch or Tranny Shifts Very Smooth with Ease.. No Clunking even in First on a Cold Morning on the Silky Smooth Tranny and easily pulled Clutch with no missed gears ever .. The problem is my Size10 EEE Boots in the space allowed for shifting .. After close to 400 Miles now have learned to ease my Big toe under the Shifter and is working like a charm where before was having a bit of trouble after shifting moving my Left Boot back to the left away from the Shifter and getting Boot caught almost wedged between the Shifter and Footpeg .. Perhaps for many of you this is no problem but am sure are a few of you out there that have clodhopper feet like me ..

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I am only a size 8.5 , haven't had that experience. The only problem I have is sometimes getting it into Neutral.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
This may not be a problem for some, but just thought would mention it .. First I want to make clear there is absolutely no problem with the Clutch or Tranny Shifts Very Smooth with Ease.. No Clunking even in First on a Cold Morning on the Silky Smooth Tranny and easily pulled Clutch with no missed gears ever .. The problem is my Size10 EEE Boots in the space allowed for shifting .. After close to 400 Miles now have learned to ease my Big toe under the Shifter and is working like a charm where before was having a bit of trouble after shifting moving my Left Boot back to the left away from the Shifter and getting Boot caught almost wedged between the Shifter and Footpeg .. Perhaps for many of you this is no problem but am sure are a few of you out there that have clodhopper feet like me ..
I noticed the same thing on the demo rides.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Interesting how the shifter angle changes with the forward mounted controls. Can be quite a change from the mid or rear-set position. I found the brake to be a bit different than I was used to also.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had the same problem with my boulevard and forward controls. When wearing Cowboy boots (normal attire) it was fine, but if I wore my uniform home from work the combat boots made it very hard to shift.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I'm lookin' at replacing the footpegs with a set of these. Kuryakyn Mini Boards
This is what I have on my Phantom Chopper/Bob.. They spin and swivel to keep feet level anyway you put your feet on them.
I love them and if I can adapt another pair I will put them on the Scout.
Rat trap.jpg They look like old Harley kickstart pedals!

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
I can bet this will be an issue for me as well, size 12.5 shoes give me trouble on my Honda on occasion too. I wonder if the extended reach shift lever setup would help solve the problem? I don't really want the whole kit though, just a slightly longer shifter so I have more room for my feet to operate.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Would appreciate any photos and a review if they work out for you. They would be an interesting addition.
I should have 'em next week - depending on the X-Mas bottleneck at the distribution centers. I'll definitely take pics and write up my impression of 'em once they're on.

Reactions: Wrench

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well see some good alternatives anyway which is always good in a Forum like this .. Find somehting I like will give it a try .. Until then will be a " Toe Shifter " :)

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
I suggest the simplest solution is to have your left foot bound, a la Chinese tradition. I realise that it may take a decade or more before you can shrink your foot to the required size, but the effect will be electrifying!

image.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I suggest the simplest solution is to have your left foot bound, a la Chinese tradition. I realise that it may take a decade or more before you can shrink your foot to the required size, but the effect will be electrifying!

View attachment 4150
13 W here.
Bluey, I knew there was a reason I like you, because you a stranger than me. I didn't think that was possible!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts