Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any first hand knowledge of this product! I have a 2020 Roadmaster Elite and the exhaust of so quiet, Was going to go with the stage ones but the cost is insane I heard a video and read a couple of reviews for the Sharkroad exhaust. No baffles and sounds depp and loud. Any input would be great! Thanks

here is the link on their website:

here is the link on Amazon:

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
I was searching the Indian forums for Sharkroad, next to nothing about them.
I found those mufflers only because I was searching for a cheap set; thought I would try them for my Scout, at a low price of $160 after using online coupon direct from their online site.

Of course I should’ve expected the worst. UPS delivered it with a hole in the box where it was crunched end on. I found the foam padding lacking in that area.
Also had no hardware with it. Was supposed have five pairs of washers and five bolts. Unless they happened to fall out of the big hole.

Will be attempting the install tomorrow despite that and minor damage to one muffler end cap. See pictures.

I just wanted to try louder pipes to see the difference without paying a lot.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So since you've had them was there any loss of low end torque with these? And are you running w or w/o cat? Thanks, contemplating purchasing these.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Bumping this to the top -- I'm curious as well, any real-world reviews? They don't look horrible, and the price is nice...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought a set for my '19 Chieftain and am pleased with them overall. I am running them with the baffles still installed on them as it looks to be a real PIA to get them out. Definitely louder/throatier than the stockers with the plate punched out but that was to be expected as these are practically straight pipes. Sound is a bit tinny but not terrible and could probably be fixed with some matting around the baffles but just doesn't bother me that much. Fit/finish is about on-par with the price point so don't expect perfection. On mine the end caps aren't as tight a fit as should be and I'm getting black residue on the sides where the exhaust is getting blown out somewhat. I also had an issue where one of the pipes had the rear mounting bracket a bit off causing the pipe to be somewhat twisted when installed. I took picks and explained the situation and to their credit, they did send me out another pipe that fit much better. As for the longevity of them we'll have to see but for the price paid I'm quite happy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good to know. I wouldn't mind the Indian Stage 1 pipes or something like the RCs, but they're like 2-3x the price. 😬

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anybody have any first hand knowledge of this product! I have a 2020 Roadmaster Elite and the exhaust of so quiet, Was going to go with the stage ones but the cost is insane I heard a video and read a couple of reviews for the Sharkroad exhaust. No baffles and sounds depp and loud. Any input would be great! Thanks

here is the link on their website:

here is the link on Amazon:
I have had the Sharkroad's in my 17RM for 2 years now! Absolutely love them! They are loud! Sound gets deeper with a really nice rumble after about 1k miles. Bottom line, sound is great, quality is high, price is low, I would highly recommend them!

·
Registered
66 Posts
They have a removable stepped louvered unwrapped core. I wrapped mine with fiberglass batting tamed them a bit and made them a little deeper sounding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks all..I had the Indian stage one pipes installed when I purchased the RM and loved them but now the left pipe is rusting from the inside out and it sounds like it's full of rocks when I took it off at 30k...going to order the sharkroad and see how it goes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts