Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I was curious to see if anyone has had service done at Iron Pony in Westerville or Mansfield OH. My normal dealer in Toledo seems to be fully closed due to the state order and I am ready to get the 500 mile service on my new bike. The timing completely sucks. I was going to contact them because it sounds like they are still doing "by appointment" service. I happened to read some of their reviews and the store gets pretty good reviews but there are lots of complaints about the service. I wanted to see if anyone had recent positive service interactions with them or if I should wait till my normal dealer re-opens. (Any not ride my bike in between.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
If you are mechanically inclined, and your state is shut down, just pick up an oil change kit from your dealer. Save the receipt and document the mileage and date you changed it in your owners manual. The owners manual shows all the things that need adjusted and lube points. Take you about an hour to do on your own, not that hard.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,233 Posts
Yeah I'm in the same region as you and Indian of Toledo is my dealer as well. Although I'm well past the 500 mile which was done last fall there, it's possible that I might do my next oil change myself. Any good auto parts store should carry the corresponding oil filter and there's a good chance you can get Amsoil which comes in the correct viscosity.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you are mechanically inclined, and your state is shut down, just pick up an oil change kit from your dealer. Save the receipt and document the mileage and date you changed it in your owners manual. The owners manual shows all the things that need adjusted and lube points. Take you about an hour to do on your own, not that hard.
I don't mean this in a sarcastic manner. If you're not mechanically inclined now could be a good time to learn to be more self sufficient. Connect with your machine, once you learn the ins and out, what makes her tick, makes her run you'll both be happy

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've had tires put on at the Westerville location. They do get the job done but are kinda slow on the work IMO. As others have suggested I would become familiar with your bike and perform your own service when feasible. Oil changes are pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I have no problem at all doing the work on it. I did the valve adjustments on my VTX after spending some time learning how to do it. I wasn't sure if it was one of those "the dealer has to do it" type of things. I'll probably order the oil change kit directly from Indian the first time just to make sure they have the order on record.

Reactions: The Hornet

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Bairs Powersports and Elkhart Indian are two other choices...I would think Elkhart would be a little closer for you, both are top notch. They are both taking appointments as of today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts