Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering painting the chrome tank cover on my Chieftain to match the Ivory color to get rid of the reflection in the windshield, has anyone doe this? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am considering painting the chrome tank cover on my Chieftain to match the Ivory color to get rid of the reflection in the windshield, has anyone doe this? Any thoughts?
As soon as I saw this chrome monster I knew the glare would be impressive. It about makes the windshield useless depending on the sun angle. I will be looking for some kind of coating to stop the glare.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I've been thinking of doing just that. Does anybody know the paint code for the Indian Ivory color?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have also noticed this glare occasionally. If the sun is in a certain position to the direction I am going, and my windshield is all the way up it is distracting. #1261 is put away for the winter now, but I looked at the Indian tank bag as a solution (which it isn't) and have resolved to search out a bag next spring to cover it on those days..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was thinking of taking the chrome piece off and either painting or powder coating it. As I looked further the bulk of the glare, for me anyway, is coming from the chrome ring around the power button. Anybody know if just this part can be removed so I can paint it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice option BadJack. However I would just like to do the chrome ring around the power button, if possible. I like the chrome on the tank, and if you knew me you would know I'm not a chrome guy, but the glare is a bother. As for looking over the windshield, I would need to get a shorter shield as I am vertically challenged :( and it would not completely solve the problem for those times when the windshield is raised.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts