Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about the rest of you that have put deposits down, but I am about ready to bust open like a can of biscuits in anticipation of being able to bring home my new toy. My local dealer has demo rides on Sep 19th and 20th, which I will finally be able to ride on one... My red classic should arrive the following week. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas to arrive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My wife has been laughing at me for acting like a kid. I can't remember being this excited about any vehicle I've bought. On the other hand I don't think I've had to wait this long for delivery ever before. Aaaannticipation. An tis a pa a tion is making me wait.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sing it dude ! if i was'nt so spoiled with the bike i've got i'd have a chieftain on order myself !
maybe an indian will be my last hurraaah a few years down he road. i could just see the sh!t eatin grin on your faces on the big day ! congrats on your choices.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine was supposed to be in last friday, I hope it's in early next week, I'm in need of a ride and some sleep when she's finally in my garage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10154 said:
My wife has been laughing at me for acting like a kid. I can't remember being this excited about any vehicle I've bought. On the other hand I don't think I've had to wait this long for delivery ever before. Aaaannticipation. An tis a pa a tion is making me wait.
I hear ya! It was my birthday this past week and I got myself a bunch of different Indian signs to put up in my office/man cave. I think my wife is starting to think I am a little nuts too when she wakes up to me watching Indian videos on YouTube. I've been watching 'The Fastest Indian' on netflicks a few times too. This is my first bike in 25 years, so all I can do right now is wait.

I really feel bad for spider. Knowing your bike is somewhere near yet not in your possession has got to be hard. Hang in there and give us lots of reports (between rides) on how you are enjoying it. Rub it in for a few weeks ;-) lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My (Springfield Blue)Vintage is due in on the 20th. Sept.
. Bought this on vacation in NC from Cherokee cycle in Greer, SC.. Will be keeping my XC for trips and looong rides and using the Indian Vintage for around town riding. After owning my current Harley for 28 yrs, and a couple others, she's going up for sale. Only room for two Polaris bikes in my garage now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
6239 said:
My (Springfield Blue)Vintage is due in on the 20th. Sept.
. Bought this on vacation in NC from Cherokee cycle in Greer, SC.. . . . .
Good luck with the new addition!! I hope it's everything you thought it would be. The closest dealer for me here, in Maryland, is in PA. I'm looking to get myself one of those red Chieftain's sometime soon (if the gods are with me, and the stars align themselves.LOL!!!). There's a dealer in Rome, NY and somewhere in NC. Good reason to visit relatives. :) Again, good luck!! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spider must be chomping at the bit. I'm still waiting for the call that says 'it didn't actually ship on time!' I'll have to suffer thru my XR until it gets in! LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You September delivery people have it made in the shade. I have to wait until NOVEMBER to get my blue Vintage in Australia.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
18515 said:
I don't know about the rest of you that have put deposits down, but I am about ready to bust open like a can of biscuits in anticipation of being able to bring home my new toy. My local dealer has demo rides on Sep 19th and 20th, which I will finally be able to ride on one... My red classic should arrive the following week. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas to arrive.
I'm right with you, CanO! Like a little kid at Christmas! My red Chieftain is set to arrive in the second week of Oct. The date fits my schedule well but I CAN'T get enough Indian news/info. and if I could I'd get my Chieftain TOMORROW! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My dealer said he'd email when the bikes are being shipped (my Vintage is deposit #3). Ship date was supposed to be the 24th, so by the 27th I was nearly crawling out of my skin and emailed him. Got no answer, so waited 2 days and phoned. He is on vacation! Whaaaaat? His brother, the HD dealer on the other side of the showroom, says they're on track with delivery and it's supposed to be the 15th.

I've never been so stoked about any vehicle in the past. 14 more days? .....gotta.......hold.......on.........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are expecting the first shipment of Indians on September 10. I hope my red Chieftain is on the truck. Ive wanted an Indian as long as I can remember and almost bought one of those knockoff Kawasaki Drifters a few years ago. When I heard that Polaris bought Indian, I almost wet myself. I can't believe it's becoming a reality as I near 60.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
14087 said:
We are expecting the first shipment of Indians on September 10. I hope my red Chieftain is on the truck. Ive wanted an Indian as long as I can remember and almost bought one of those knockoff Kawasaki Drifters a few years ago. When I heard that Polaris bought Indian, I almost wet myself. I can't believe it's becoming a reality as I near 60.
Your post makes me feel better, Volkmeister! :) I have two great bikes and one I can tour anywhere on, comfortably, so I really have no reason to be buying a Chieftain, other than I want it after feeling the power of that motor, seeing the rebirth of Indian at Main & Junction, and seeing those gorgeous, superbly equipped bikes. Seeing that you have a great touring bike as well, and are buying a red Chieftain; hey, I like the company, Man! lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys are funny, I thought i was the only one who's wife was laughing at him. I ordered a blue Chieftain that is supposed to ship sept. 18th. I havn't been this excited since....well, never.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm just glad I'm not the only one out there that's so excited it's a little scary. My 02 Spirit blew up (front con rod bearing) in June and I haven't ridden since. It's now living in my van until I get home in a couple of weeks. Let me rephrase that: until I leave here with my new Vintage in tow. I've been away from home for 4 months, but I'm not leaving without the new one, so any delays in shipping could very well drive me over the edge. There's no chance I'll go home, then make the 800 mile return trip (one way) to pick up the bike.

On a brighter note: I was in a toy store yesterday and spotted a 'Road Hog' tricycle. Oh. My. God. My grandaughter is now getting one for Christmas. It will have Indian badging and I'll probably have the real, fringed leather seat replaced with a tan one, so it will match Grandpa's Vintage. Way too cool.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
18680 said:
I'm jealous. My Indian
delivery date is 10/10 :(
We'll be okay, Brentt. I have the same date but won't actually pick it up until the 14th. What's the old saying, 'what doesn't kill us makes us stronger'! lol We'll make it. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts