Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else going? I rode a Chieftain twice at Sturgis, Lincoln is currently my closest dealer so I 'reserved' a 1:30 spot on Sunday to take the wife up and ride one 2-up and see how much better she likes the Chieftain than my current ride - a Heritage Softail. Hopefully she loves the Indian... ;)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure if your wife wil like it better but am betting that you like the Ride Better .. This is coming from a former Heritage Owner that has Test Rode the Chieftain ..

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - well right now I think I've narrowed the selection down to the Chieftain and the CCTour. I don't ride 2-up that often, but I have an 80 mile commute and I take at least one 3000 mile (or more) trip per year. My days of 800 mile days on a softail are behind me, I hope.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stop by Werner's in Omaha on your way so you both can ride both on the same day.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4902 said:
Stop by Werner's in Omaha on your way so you both can ride both on the same day.
Good idea - but they're closed on Sundays

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're all different, no doubt, but to me the Chieftain blows away the CCT? I've ridden the Tour several times in the past couple of years and tried it again just before test riding the Chieftain for the first time in Sturgis. After five miles I was ready to get off. Coming off a Buell Ulysses XT the CCT was sluggish through the gears, awkward feeling, and had a lot of motor noise. I didn't like it. After only five miles on the Chieftain I was in awe of the power, loved the sound, and loved the flickability/agility. I rode the Chieftain again the next day and now, though I didn't need another bike, have one on order. The power is awesome throughout the range and despite the gear. It is quite a bike. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts