Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the description of the riding done and bikes owned the average age of the newest Scout riders is right up there. If Indian gave a senior discount they would have been giving up some bucks.
I sold my Ducati for the Scout because I could no longer take the riding position for long enough to enjoy a decent ride. One day I stopped at a bike shop and the owner came out to see the bike and looked at it, looked at me, looked at the bike, looked at me and said "How old are you anyway?" I laughed. At least I'm still going and didn't buy the aluminum siding like in the Harley ad.
A tip of the hat to our older riders and a thank you to Indian for the bike that may be the last for some of us.

·
Registered
430 Posts
From the description of the riding done and bikes owned the average age of the newest Scout riders is right up there. If Indian gave a senior discount they would have been giving up some bucks.
I sold my Ducati for the Scout because I could no longer take the riding position for long enough to enjoy a decent ride. One day I stopped at a bike shop and the owner came out to see the bike and looked at it, looked at me, looked at the bike, looked at me and said "How old are you anyway?" I laughed. At least I'm still going and didn't buy the aluminum siding like in the Harley ad.
A tip of the hat to our older riders and a thank you to Indian for the bike that may be the last for some of us.
Hell yeah! Keep riding brother, keep riding.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I think seasoned is a better word than senior LOL

Reactions: GordonS and Cindy

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think seasoned is a better word than senior LOL
Thanks Elrod that is very kind of you!! I agree this will be my last bike and I hope I feel safe to ride her for more than 5 years.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Add me to the senior group - I am old enough to fart dust!

I would love to use the word seasoned but this is actually my first motorcycle. Since I plan on living to be 120 years old, I plan on riding my Scout for the next 60 years -- with NO gear indicator, NO fuel gage, and NO ABS. I am going with the Stage 1 pipes and the extended seat options (I am 6'1"). From reading the reviews, I might also upgrade the shocks, but beyond those things my Scout will probably remain stock.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I will have to figure out some way to "unhook" the speed limiter so this baby can reach its full potential.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Well ... The average age of our Indian m/c buyers is 57 years old. Our Scout buyers are a bit younger. Gee... I'm 57 too :)

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Oh yeah, almost forgot, I will have to figure out some way to "unhook" the speed limiter so this baby can reach its full potential.
Cool, I'm willing to bet it is in the tune. So I imagine a good motorcycle performance shop with a dyno could make a new tune for it.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I am 55, turning 56 in Feb :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Not to sure what age "Seasoned" starts at though I feel it at 57. This is my first bike so you can call me an old rookie . Wanted one for a long long time, now just waiting for delivery

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Thank you :D
Not to sure what age "Seasoned" starts at though I feel it at 57. This is my first bike so you can call me an old rookie . Wanted one for a long long time, now just waiting for delivery
You and Lute are in the same category, first bike and all. Can't think of a better bike to start out on. :D

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Senior discount would have been nice. My last bike probably. 64 this year.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well ... The average age of our Indian m/c buyers is 57 years old. Our Scout buyers are a bit younger. Gee... I'm 57 too :)
And you're calling them kids? :p I hope none of you guys are using up your Social Security on these "kids" toys. :rolleyes:

Dang. Now that I think about it that is why I got the funny look. I spent some of the inheritance someone had their eye on. :D

Reactions: Cindy

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
And you're calling them kids? :p I hope none of you guys are using up your Social Security on these "kids" toys. :rolleyes:

Dang. Now that I think about it that is why I got the funny look. I spent some of the inheritance someone had their eye on. :D
My son gets my FLHT and my daughter gets my Scout. They ARE their inheritance !! Ha :)

Reactions: Trapper

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Dang. At 48, I'm starting to feel like a spring chicken in this crowd!:D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Senior discount would have been nice. My last bike probably. 64 this year.
Straddled my first ever motorcycle just 21 months ago, a KLR 650. Anyway nine months ago I got a 2009 Honda Shadow Aero and was satisfied that she would be my last bike, even though she lacked the get-up and go, and performance I wished were there cruising the twisties around the mountains and coastline of Southern Cal.

Really enjoy the Aero but as a teenager have always been in love with look, style, class of Indian, which now at my age are just to heavy and big for my needs. Then along came Scout; the size, look, style, class, and performance. I'm pretty sure the Scout will be my last bike, and possibility my last love, I am 68 and still cruising down the road. :)

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Dang. At 48, I'm starting to feel like a spring chicken in this crowd!:D
ha ha ha :p

Straddled my first ever motorcycle just 21 months ago, a KLR 650. Anyway nine months ago I got a 2009 Honda Shadow Aero and was satisfied that she would be my last bike, even though she lacked the get-up and go, and performance I wished were there cruising the twisties around the mountains and coastline of Southern Cal.

Really enjoy the Aero but as a teenager have always been in love with look, style, class of Indian, which now at my age are just to heavy and big for my needs. Then along came Scout; the size, look, style, class, and performance. I'm pretty sure the Scout will be my last bike, and possibility my last love, I am 68 and still cruising down the road. :)
That is awesome Brian. Enjoy that Scout :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts