Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a couple 20Ss, and they work amazingly well, except for music and GPS guidance from the bike - that only comes through the bike's speakers.

I have been talking to Sena about it, and they are telling me to get used to it, which is not really an acceptable response given that it worked the first time I setup the headset to the bike.

On the BT setup screen, the music icon is grayed out for the headset, the others are on.

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
What are you trying to get your Sena 20 to do that isn't working?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get music and GPS instructions through the headsets.

·
Red & Black ChiefMaster
628 Posts
The one thing you want to make sure is that your phone is paired with only one of a) bike or b) Sena. If both were paired with you phone at some point, you have to unpair one of them. At least in my case (Sena 20S, Chieftain 2015, Samsung S7 Edge), if both have been paired with the phone, they continually fight for the phone.

The best setup I find is :
  1. Phone is ONLY paired with bike. So all incoming calls and bluetooth music go to bike.
  2. The Sena is paired ONLY with the bike.
With that setup, and with bike output set to headset :
  1. Bluetooth music from phone play in your Sena, but goes through bike first. So you control music with bike (pause, next, ...), and music detail is shown on bike display. You CANNOT control music (pause, next, ...) with the SENA.
  2. Phone calls are directed to your SENA, but go thru bike first. So you see call details on bike. And you answer with the bike buttons (Preset and Mode). You CANNOT answer a call with the Sena buttons.
  3. In all situation you cannot control volume with the bike, Volume is controlled via the Sena wheel (at least with my setup... I wish I could control volume with bike...)
  4. If you double-click the button PTT on the bike, you can use voice commands for your phone. Example of things I have done via voice command on my Android via the PTT bike button and the Sena are:
  • "Gas station" (while in google map navigation)
  • "read text message", then it read me my most recent text messages
  • "sent message to my wife mobile", than speak the message
  • "What is the weather in Montreal" to get the weather where I am going, it than reads me the weather
  • "Open Maps"
  • "Navigate to ..."
  • "Brightness down" and it turn down the brightness if I find too bright at night
  • "Brightness up"
  • note that if you are currently in Google map navigation, only Google Map commands will work (you could disable that, but it is useful to have access to Maps voice command function). If you need to Voice command something unrelated to Maps, you need to press the home button first (or there might be something you can say to go to Home screen), than input you commands, than to go back to Maps, simply say "Open Maps".

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you - I think the problem is that my phone was paired to my headset previously, so I am trying to see how to unpair it. I think I may just reset the Senas.

Our setups are comparable, 20S, Roadmaster & Samsung S7.

·
Red & Black ChiefMaster
628 Posts
Thank you - I think the problem is that my phone was paired to my headset previously, so I am trying to see how to unpair it. I think I may just reset the Senas.

Our setups are comparable, 20S, Roadmaster & Samsung S7.
on you phone go to bluetooth setup, on the line with the sena, click the wheel on the right, than click unpair. here are screenshots.

Text Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device
Ostrich Flightless bird Ratite Bird Greater rhea

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a different phone, and one that is not currently turned on or near the Sena.

·
Registered
154 Posts
NIce response - I just paired my Sena earlier this evening and your additional info was helpful ..... Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, this finally got ironed out.

I was talking to my dealer and Indian. Both telling me that no, the Bluetooth channels are not supposed to deliver music and GPS instructions through the headset despite what the manual says, which is not an acceptable answer. The bike had been in and out of the shop twice with no changes, and I had spent quite a few hours in the garage trying to make the headsets sync correctly.

Then with the last flash update, everything works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts