Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rider
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought two new Shoe Neotec 2’s and installed the Sena SLR in them for my wife and me. Love the helmet/comms but struggling with the volume and sound quality if I run my helmet connected to the RideCommand, wife pairs to her phone for music. Music volume is significantly lower vs straight pairing to my phone, quite frankly it sounds like muffled ass through the RideCommand. Does anyone know if you can run music from the phone but still pair to the RideCommand for nav and phone functions or if there is a way to make the RideCommand volume and sound quality equal to directly pairing to the phone?

·
Bronze member
3,937 Posts
Bought two new Shoe Neotec 2’s and installed the Sena SLR in them for my wife and me. Love the helmet/comms but struggling with the volume and sound quality if I run my helmet connected to the RideCommand, wife pairs to her phone for music. Music volume is significantly lower vs straight pairing to my phone, quite frankly it sounds like muffled ass through the RideCommand. Does anyone know if you can run music from the phone but still pair to the RideCommand for nav and phone functions or if there is a way to make the RideCommand volume and sound quality equal to directly pairing to the phone?

Unfortunately no. Ride command sends out a very weak audio signal via bluetooth. The EQ doesn't even work either this way. And no you can't run music to the phone and still use ride command. I have tries all of Sena's various multi pairing modes and they all would connect, but the Ride Command would be the only one that did audio.

What I ended up doing is buying some quality speakers (iASUS X3) and their Ear3 mobile amp. So I put those speakers in the helmet, and plugged the Sena into the Mobile amp and then the speakers into that. I use the mobile amp too boost the weak output caused by the ride command-sena connection.

·
Rider
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately no. Ride command sends out a very weak audio signal via bluetooth. The EQ doesn't even work either this way. And no you can't run music to the phone and still use ride command. I have tries all of Sena's various multi pairing modes and they all would connect, but the Ride Command would be the only one that did audio.

What I ended up doing is buying some quality speakers (iASUS X3) and their Ear3 mobile amp. So I put those speakers in the helmet, and plugged the Sena into the Mobile amp and then the speakers into that. I use the mobile amp too boost the weak output caused by the ride command-sena connection.
Thanks mucho....was afraid that was the case. Think I’ll just ditch the Ride Command connection and stick to the phone pairing....the volume and quality when paired to the phone if very good....too bad the RideCommand has such poor blue tooth output.

·
Registered
535 Posts
What works best for me is to turn Sena headset on first then the bike. I play my tunes on my bike’s speakers and can still control mute or advance track through the handlebar control and take phone calls through the headset. The bike gets the tunes from my Iphone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
What works best for me is to turn Sena headset on first then the bike. I play my tunes on my bike’s speakers and can still control mute or advance track through the handlebar control and take phone calls through the headset. The bike gets the tunes from my Iphone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Have a 2020 RM.
After updating both the Sena and the Ride command to their latest FW, quality is much better for me.

·
Senior member / bronze
1,599 Posts
I know it’s a older thread, I’m considering buying the J Cruise helmet and the SLR2.
I have a 2017 Roadmaster , have the issues mentioned above been resolved ,? I guess I’m looking for the most compatible model for 2017 ride command. I do like how this one integrated into helmet.
Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have Cardo Freecom 2+ and it worked perfectly with Ride Command. GPS and phone calls go through but not the radio. Radio will be playing and I can still hear it. But GPS directions go straight to my Cardo (helmet communications).

·
Bronze member
3,937 Posts
The ride command works well with the Sena, but the ride command music volume is very low to the Sena, The ride command system broadcasts music over bluetooth very low.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The ride command works well with the Sena, but the ride command music volume is very low to the Sena, The ride command system broadcasts music over bluetooth very low.
I've discovered that if you want decent volume, you have to crank the volume up on the phone, the bike, and the headset. For convenience, I usually just peg the phone volume and the headset volume, then use the volume toggle on the bars to adjust. Works pretty well for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts