Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are new, Indian, semi-rigid saddlebags from my dealer for my Scout Sixty. After looking at these babies Friday night, I pulled the trigger on Saturday this past weekend. I love the look and love that they are Indian. I had some Viking saddlebags setup on the Indian spools on my bike with the quick release easy brackets. I got the Vikings when I first got my bike in June and after 1 hour with the enclosed hardware, I broke down and bought the easy brackets for $40 less than the Viking bags. Installation was very quick and easy - literally minutes.

The Vikings were nice because they were lockable. The Easy Bracket was nice since they come off VERY easily but with a key. I was wanting the leather Indian bags, but knew I had to save up for those. The semi-rigids are more my style and really follow the line of the bike perfectly. With the veteran discount at my dealer, they were $630 plus tax which more palpable at 300 less than the all leathers. I love them!

·
Registered
413 Posts
These are new, Indian, semi-rigid saddlebags from my dealer for my Scout Sixty. After looking at these babies Friday night, I pulled the trigger on Saturday this past weekend. I love the look and love that they are Indian. I had some Viking saddlebags setup on the Indian spools on my bike with the quick release easy brackets. I got the Vikings when I first got my bike in June and after 1 hour with the enclosed hardware, I broke down and bought the easy brackets for $40 less than the Viking bags. Installation was very quick and easy - literally minutes.

The Vikings were nice because they were lockable. The Easy Bracket was nice since they come off VERY easily but with a key. I was wanting the leather Indian bags, but knew I had to save up for those. The semi-rigids are more my style and really follow the line of the bike perfectly. With the veteran discount at my dealer, they were $630 plus tax which more palpable at 300 less than the all leathers. I love them!
View attachment 600109
View attachment 600110 View attachment 600112 View attachment 600113 View attachment 600115
Great looking bags!

How do you like the 2-into-1 exhaust? I've been eyeing those and saving my pennies...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Looks very nice. Make sure to always check those quick release toggles and make sure the bags are firmly attached before every ride as there are several folks with the Vintage Chiefs that have lost their bags on the road. Indian actually has quit using those quick release brackets for the touring models beginning in 2019.

·
Registered
861 Posts
What year is your bike? Mine is 2017 in burgundy, and the OEM site now says very few accessories now fit it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great looking bags!

How do you like the 2-into-1 exhaust? I've been eyeing those and saving my pennies...
I love them! I've got a sound clip posted in this forum too. I'm going to try to take the baffles out this evening and see how I like them. As they are now, it's a nice rumble compared to the factory pipes. I don't want to anger any neighbors, so if it's too loud, I may put the baffles back in. I'll post a clip without the baffles too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks very nice. Make sure to always check those quick release toggles and make sure the bags are firmly attached before every ride as there are several folks with the Vintage Chiefs that have lost their bags on the road. Indian actually has quit using those quick release brackets for the touring models beginning in 2019.
Funny you mentioned that...I checked them this morning. I will make a habit of checking them a lot. I've ridden over 1300 miles on her already, and I definitely don't want a bag to bail on me! Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now save your pennies for the floor boards, those were the best addition I made.
Yeah, I was thinking about those down the road. I may need an actual windshield next. I've only ridden her a couple hours at most but a few times in some heavy wind. It would be nice to have something for higher speeds. I love the look of the windscreen, but I might get something more practical.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What year is your bike? Mine is 2017 in burgundy, and the OEM site now says very few accessories now fit it.
Mine is a 2020. I wanted the Sixty Bobber, but when I got mine, it was a month wait since the plant just opened back up. I'm VERY happy with the red and blackout look. I want to get black turn signals, maybe the throttle cable connector eventually.

·
Bronze member
3,393 Posts
I doubt they changed anything... it happens with the TS111 models too... but they actually fit...

Those bags really flow with the bike... they look better than the leather ones.. too bad they aren't available for the guys with Tan seats...

Reactions: t.jam

·
Registered
861 Posts
Mine is a 2020. I wanted the Sixty Bobber, but when I got mine, it was a month wait since the plant just opened back up. I'm VERY happy with the red and blackout look. I want to get black turn signals, maybe the throttle cable connector eventually.
I thought that color was discontinued! Wait... yours is a 60.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just had checked with the dealer today and they said they are back ordered.
Quick question: do these fit on the standard Indian mounting spools?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the photos. I had actually been eyeing those same bags and these are the first photos in the wild I’ve seen. I was worried about them being too small, based on the web photos, but they look really well sized.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts