Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a complete custom handlebar setup but I have questions that maybe can be answered by those with more knowledge.

In a nutshell, can I use these handlebars: Biltwell Tracker Low 7/8" Handlebars - RevZilla for my throttle? I haven't torn it apart yet and I need to, to understand it.

I'm fully aware that my clamping area takes a 1" bar, not 7/8". But the controls are 7/8" so ultimately I'll need that size at the bar ends. I just want to know if these are too generic, or if they need to be made in a way to allow the throttle to work. It's my first time working with a throttle without cables to push/pull the throttle body.

·
Bronze member
1,457 Posts
I bought/ installed some Buckhorn 7/8” dia. Bars. I used the 1” to 7/8 shims ( $9) If you buy bars that are not Scout or Victory specific. You will need to drill small holes for the controls. Do NOT cut or grind off these pins or The plastic throttle will not clamp tight enough and move or worse slide/ lock up. Just measure where the holes are on your old bars and duplicate. IMO the Indian 1920 bars are what the bike should have come with in the first place. A world of difference.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,945 Posts
7/8" diameter bars will work if you use a clamp adaptor. The grips require a 7/8" bar to mount. The stock bars are 1" and reduce to 7/8 at the grips. So the 7/8 bars will work. I just think they look too skinny for the husky bike. As far as I know www.IndianAftermarket.com offers the only alternative to OEM that are 1" reduced to 7/8" We only offer a beach bar and drag bars for the Scouts.
LINK: https://www.indianaftermarket.com/handlebars-scout.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts