Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Founding member
1,839 Posts
I don't see anything on my key FOB to press. No buttons, switches, etc. How do you arm or disarm the alarm?
Since the Roadmaster Classic doesn't have locking hard bags, it appears to be sold with the basic "no button" fob. However, you can still use the alarm feature without paying for a 2-button fob. If you firmly squeeze the fob approximately 1/2" below the small LED indicator (look at the end opposite the keychain), you will see the LED light. What you are doing is pressing the "lock" switch on the circuit board inside the fob. If you do this twice while in range of the bike, you will hear the bike honk - indicating the alarm is armed.

If the bike is moved or buttons pushed when the fob is out of range, the alarm will sound (horn honks and light flashes). To disarm the alarm, you can start the bike as normal with the fob in range or use your PIN code if the fob is not available.

Some people have drilled a small hole in the fob case above the switch and glued a little rubber button to make it easier to push; or you can buy the two-button fob and have the dealer pair it with the bike (your original fob will still work so you will have two fobs).

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
If you set the alarm in your away from your bike, say at work somewhere else and the alarm goes off how long before it times out? I wouldn't want it to drain the battery if I wasn't going to be around it for hours

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
This was one thing that HD did better, IMO. When you set their alarm, the lights flash to let you know that it is set.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
I tried it yesterday on my Springfield with my new Buffalo Brand Air Horn I had recently installed. I was expecting it and still came out of my skin when it went off.

I think you could probably hear it from a couple blocks away!

·
Registered
443 Posts
So? he was trying to swipe it and you caught him? or he got it and got away?

WD./
Sorry. I should have been more clear. He entered a parking spot next to me way too narrow(probably because he thought a bike is here i have all the room in the world) and ended up hitting my bike and swiping the saddle bags ruining the paint in less than 24 hours of owning the bike. I was pissed as hell but held my composure because they had two small children. Had they been alone, I would've ripped

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Sorry. I should have been more clear. He entered a parking spot next to me way too narrow(probably because he thought a bike is here i have all the room in the world) and ended up hitting my bike and swiping the saddle bags ruining the paint in less than 24 hours of owning the bike. I was pissed as hell but held my composure because they had two small children. Had they been alone, I would've ripped
One child per bag,

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
How long of a duration will the alarm last if you're not around?

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
I mentioned how loud it is with the air horn. I didn't let it go for long and assume that once the small air source is depleted, that will be the end. Not very long no doubt.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Thinking more about my air horn statement.

I guess that when power is sent to the horn by the alarm, it will activate the compressor and keep the horn blasting as long as the horn is getting power.

I'm going to try and find a remote spot to test that theory out where I won't be waking the dead.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
One day I forgot my FOB in the garage, and I was trying to start the bike when the alarm was set. The horn started going off. Quite annoying to say the least... :mad:
I'm assuming that you were annoyed at yourself that you forgot it was alarmed and not the fact that it did what it was supposed to do. ;)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Nice feature that has been there since the 2105 Roadmasters...
Actually it was available with the 2014 Chieftain, even my dealer wasn't aware that it existed until the my bike had it's first flash up date. My dealer has never charged for any flash updates :)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Just tried mine on my new 17RM, oh yeah, works, takes a minute to get back in the house to the fob and back to turn off!! :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I took another look at my "no button" key FOB for my Roadmaster Classic. I don't see anything to push or press. I guess I need to talk to my dealer to find out what the deal is.
IMG_2440.JPG IMG_2441.JPG IMG_2444.JPG IMG_2445.JPG

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I took another look at my "no button" key FOB for my Roadmaster Classic. I don't see anything to push or press. I guess I need to talk to my dealer to find out what the deal is.
View attachment 316593 View attachment 316601 View attachment 316609 View attachment 316617
Push the back firmly with your thumb just below the tiny circle, which is actually an LED light--in the indented area. You have to push firmly. Keep pushing in the area until you get a red light, and after you've done it once you'll know how to find it. Two pushes sets the alarm. The horn will beep once. Be advised, it's loud and will startle you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Push the back firmly with your thumb just below the tiny circle, which is actually an LED light--in the indented area. You have to push firmly. Keep pushing in the area until you get a red light, and after you've done it once you'll know how to find it. Two pushes sets the alarm. The horn will beep once. Be advised, it's loud and will startle you.
I'll be damned! Thanks! Now how do I disarm it?! LOL I mean, seriously, you think they'd put some kind of identifier on the thing! LOL

·
Bronze member
2,160 Posts
I'll be damned! Thanks! Now how do I disarm it?! LOL I mean, seriously, you think they'd put some kind of identifier on the thing! LOL
You've got the fob, so when you do anything to the bike, the alarm pings the fob, the fob replies <buckwheat> "here I is" </buckwheat> and disarms itself.

Someone other than you won’t have the fob and he/she gets to hear the alarm.

alarm.instructions.png

The fact that it auto-disarms is a (very, very) nice touch.

The fob and the features it brings to riding are one of my favorite things about having upgraded from a (terrific) carbureted, no electronics Ducati.

All of the above should work for you, you just don't have the later fob with the buttons.

WD./

·
Registered
319 Posts
There is another recent thread somewhere here where you can buy a fob WITH a button (just the case) from partshark.com, I think it was. Transfer the guys from your fob and voila, you get a button. I think the total cost was like $14. (I went back and looked the part number was 2206559. I can't take credit for having found this, someone else on this great forum found it. I bought the part and will be giving it a try.)

21 - 40 of 75 Posts