Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the bike can't be started unless the FOB is in close enough proximity. My question is that is there a way to turn off the bike completely. In other words, can the bike be setup so that someone can't just walk up to the bike and push the ON button on the tank and the dash and radio etc gets activated eventhoguh it can't be started? I know that things shut off in about 20 seconds but that's not the point.

·
German Rider
1,732 Posts
As far as I know : No.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
657 Posts
I would agree with the Demolition Man

·
Founding member
2,202 Posts
No, but if concerned about someone continuing to mess with it - arm the alarm. Pressing buttons without the fob in range will also cause the alarm to sound.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to the Indian dealer this afternoon. You guys are correct. Nothing can be done to change it.
Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes it can; you can fit a battery isolation switch. The switch is wired direct to the battery cables and effectively isolates the battery so no power is available to the button. Not an indian item or mod, google battery isolation switch, loads of them on line and videos of how to install they are only a few bucks or ask at any motor factor. I have fitted them to a number of vehicles I've owned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts