Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Theft of Bikes fairly rampant , How are you guys thinking about securing your Bikes ?

Chains , alarms GPS Trackers etc etc

"Dont Ride Faster than your guardian angel can fly "

"B....freeMichael.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I stick with full comprehensive insurance.
Chains, GPS are minor deterrents. Maybe Dynabolting a big chain in your garage to secure your bike, but that is only within your house. I do have a chain for parking at work, but I hardly use it. Mainly because it is a hassle to haul around.
Make sure you're well insured and park in well lit areas.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Just Buy a Victory No One wants one anyway .. :) Actually done pretty well with the Digital Guard Dawg Keyless/Alarm Thing, if someone can get around that then probably won't deter the theft anyway ..

·
Registered
558 Posts
Been thinking about going small and simple and doing a disk brake lock. If someone wants the bike bad enough, they'll take it. But creating an extra 10 to 30 seconds of aggravation might make them think twice. And like others said before, good insurance coverage and being smart about your parking. Might add a simple GPS tracker, lots of them out there these days and not very expensive.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Just Buy a Victory No One wants one anyway .. :) Actually done pretty well with the Digital Guard Dawg Keyless/Alarm Thing, if someone can get around that then probably won't deter the theft anyway ..
Funny you should say that, some guys I worked with at a previous job were all HD guys and hated, I mean really HATED the Victory bikes. Called them "junk", real pieces of sh#%. I test road a XC and was very impressed with the power and maneuverability. At least I didn't get he crap shock out of me on the test ride.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Been thinking about going small and simple and doing a disk brake lock. If someone wants the bike bad enough, they'll take it. But creating an extra 10 to 30 seconds of aggravation might make them think twice. And like others said before, good insurance coverage and being smart about your parking. Might add a simple GPS tracker, lots of them out there these days and not very expensive.
+1, if they really want it they will take it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
On my Vintage I purchased Skylink from dealer for $699. Every time my bike is started or shut down I get a text message. I can track my bike in real time on a map, tire pressure, speed settings etc... works great.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Years ago (the 80's I think), I bought a Radio Shack device that I put on my bike. It would sound an alarm (silent on the bike) on a pager worn on my belt. What Vintage Harry describes is what I want.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
See NickJ's "Knocking Down Some Miles" post. There is a cut out where a fork lock could go.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I can't see a middleweight cruiser becoming a magnet for thieves. But I could see someone [riding another American brand] wanting to mess with your helmet or gear.

Just sayin'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts