Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Second FTR 1200 Recall

6303 Views 56 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  wallycycle
August 23, 2022 NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V636000
Hot Coolant May Leak on Rider and Rear Tire
Hot coolant leaking on a rider can increase the risk of injury. Coolant leaking on the rear tire can increase the risk of a crash.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V636000

Manufacturer Indian Motorcycle Company

Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Potential Number of Units Affected 6,315

Summary

Indian Motorcycle Company (Indian) is recalling certain 2019-2020 and 2022 FTR 1200, 2019-2020 FTR 1200 S, and 2020 FTR 1200 Rally motorcycles. The coolant junction may leak.

Remedy

Dealers will replace the coolant junction, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed September 30, 2022. Owners may contact Indian customer service at 1-877-204-3697. Indian's number for this recall is I-22-04.

Notes

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.

6 Affected Products
Vehicles

MAKEMODELYEAR
INDIANFTR 1200 RALLY2020
INDIANFTR 1200 S2019-2020
INDIANFTR12002019-2020, 2022
  • Wow
Reactions: edgelett
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

· Bronze member
2,879 Posts
Nope wouldn’t matter. Only way to make it easier would be to drop the engine a bit so you’re not working through the frame.

I replaced all my hoses and will make the video once the product I installed is in production. Took about 3hrs

I have a spare t junction I’ll sell for what I paid for it if anyone wants it. They are on back order again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
3 Posts
2019 tft screen recall - expired in June 2021. Confirmed with two Indian dealers in my area (I am in Europe). Pretty surprised such thing exists. I have owned over 50 motorcycles in 30 years never seen such nonsense as expired recall - especially for a bike for 3 years in production - yet it exists with Indian.

· Bronze member
2,879 Posts
That WAS NOT a recall that was a service bulletin.

That was where they simply just mailed out a screen protector.

Yes they run out, and aren’t required to be a free fix down they road, almost all manufactures are this way.

Not the same category as a safety recall.

For your reading and buying pleasure.

· Registered
175 Posts
Just notified that I have an appointment for the recall, 12/02/2022. long ride to the dealer since NYC no longer has an Indian Dealer!!!!!!

Reactions: Techno Bobber

· Registered
175 Posts
They sent me nowhere. I made the appointment at Indian of Monmouth!!!!!! I chose Monmouth as I heard good things about them. And not so good things about the dealer in Newark!!!! Looks to be a long and cold ride!!!!!

· Registered
FTR1200 RALLY
9 Posts
They sent me nowhere. I made the appointment at Indian of Monmouth!!!!!! I chose Monmouth as I heard good things about them. And not so good things about the dealer in Newark!!!! Looks to be a long and cold ride!!!!!
Yeah. The I try not to deal with the Newark dealership. They tend not to care unless there's a bike sale involved mineola in LI was good to me. I haven't gone to Monmouth but given that it's by the shore i cannot imagine that wind chill will be very forgiving. Hopefully they turn it around quickly before the weather gets even worse.

· Registered
225 Posts
Just ordered two for both our 2019 bikes. $15 each. There is no way I'm going to let some gomer dig into my bike to replace this part. Especially when I hear ferraiolo say it's access time consuming. Recipe for almost guaranteeing something else gets effed up. I'll install myself if/when the OEM starts leaking or explodes. At my age, it's likely my heirs will then have to fix it. :)

· Registered
22 Posts
Just ordered two for both our 2019 bikes. $15 each. There is no way I'm going to let some gomer dig into my bike to replace this part. Especially when I hear ferraiolo say it's access time consuming. Recipe for almost guaranteeing something else gets effed up. I'll install myself if/when the OEM starts leaking or explodes. At my age, it's likely my heirs will then have to fix it. :)
I was curious, I see this post is from 12/06. Did the part ever come in? I went to my local dealer to order the part on 12/22 and the still don't have it

41 - 57 of 57 Posts