Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been shopping for a replacement seat for my 2019 Chieftain Dark Horse.
I need more leg room.
I tried the Rogue Extended Reach, but i'm not comfortable on it, probably too thin for my large butt. (it's for sale here, brand new).

I considered the UIltimate Tall Boy, looks really good but what bugs me is that it only sets you back 1/2 inch according to them. That's almost nothing.

Corbin is a bit cryptic about that too, I guess you have to call them.

Mustang claims 1.5 inches back, so far i'm leaning towards that one. It's not the best looking, but might be the best fit.

I know a few other companies will make you a seat, but riding season is almost over here, so waiting for a custom seat doesn't sound like a fun thing right now.

Any feedback from tall riders on the Ultimate Tall Boy or the Mustang Classic Wide solo? (and your height for reference).

Thanks!

·
Rider
1,127 Posts
I bought the Ultimate Tall Boy for my Roadmaster this summer. I had to check the website after you said it only put you back about 1/2 an inch. I thought it set me back about an inch.
I had a couple trips planned, but because of the Covid-19, I did not get out.

I'm 6' 3", and I can tell the difference, even if it is only 1/2 an inch. I really like mine.

My problem with the OEM seat was after a couple days, I had tail bone issues. I would be in agony. I think I was pushing to far into the back of the OEM seat. The Ultimate seat is pretty firm, and I'm not sinking down so much. I also got the backrest, which I think made me sit up a bit straiter, instead of slouching after awhile.

I just finished yesterday, a 4000 km round trip ride down to southern Ontario to visit my mother. Had a great ride, and enjoyed the seat with no tail bone issue.

After a few hours, my boney butt started to get sore, I threw on an AirHawk pad, and was good again for another 3 hours.

Another thought is the Ultimate seats are made in Canada, and the price on the web site does not differentiate whether the price is Canadian or USD. I was pleasently surprised that they sell in Canada for CAD for the listed price. They also have a 14 day return policy, so you can give it a try and then decide.

--
Gordon

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought they moved all their operations to Florida, doesn't mention anything about still being made in Canada but the shipping option does lead me to believe they are indeed.
If it's also in Canadian funds, that's a plus!
Mighty tempting here..

·
Rider
1,568 Posts
I have an ultimate tall boy and it works rather well I’m 6’5” it’s much more comfortable than the stock. Fort long trip I took felt like I smacked in the balls woth a paddle I was so sore. The nice thing about the ultimate seat is as long as it’s not a custom color you can return it in a week or two and get a full refund I think except for shipping it back to them.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I’m 6’1” and love my Ultimate Tall Boy! I have had it about 3.5 years and it’s the best investment for comfort on the bike to date! The OEM seat was killing me!

Reactions: GreatWhite

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am 6'2 with 34 inseam. Russell day long made 1.5 inches higher and 1.5 inches back. Lots of room and super comfortable too. I have Russell's on three of my bikes. After trying over 10 brands and even customs over the years I will stay with Russell as they are always right when I get them..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just sold my Vaquero with a Russell seat. Best seat hands down I've ever had. I am picking up an 18 chieftain limited Saturday. I guess I'll be ordering one according to most here.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My dos centavos - On my 17 vintage:Tallboy seat + the aeromach floorboard lowering kit will create the best leg extension while limiting how far your arms are out-stretched. And as mentioned above, throw an Airhawk on for rides longer than 90 minutes for comfort. (dimensions: 6'2" and long legs)

·
Registered
36 Posts
You could try the Indian Roadmaster Extended Reach Seat. Should be wider than the Rogue and sets you back 2" according to the description. I was using the Roadmaster extended reach seat on my '17 Chief Vintage until I got my original seat reworked by Russell.
Russell sits even higher and further back than the Roadmaster one, Russell is also wider.
Paired on my bike with the Aeromach floorboards relocation kit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts