Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not tried every motorcycle seat under the sun, but a good many.

None have failed to be improved by a sheep skin pad, and a real bun-saver; bubble wrap.

Debbie and I have ridden 2-up for over 550 miles in a day, and our sheep skin pads with some well hidden bubble wrap underneath the sheep skin and our bums were not in agony at the days end.

Use bubble wrap with the larger bubbles, heavy duty wrap will last longer, but lightweight wrap will still last through a long trip. You can locate the bubble wrap just under your sitting bones or try any number of arrangements to find the set up that's just right.

I know, I know it sounds cheesy but when no one is looking give it a try. This set up has improved every seat we've tried.

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
@Joe I sounds like a good alternative for some to try before they go drop another $600 to $1000 on another seat that still mite not work. Like yourself I’ve tried a few myself thru the years. And I run 2 up loaded down quite a bit also. I’m good with my stock Chieftain limited seat but I will pass that idea around makes sense I can see how it would make a difference

·
Registered
38 Posts
So sheep skin is a must, never rode with it, just bought it few days ago, going on a 6000km run, should be a good test for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Love my Ultimate Seat and Bride loves the passenger ride as well! Had Ultimate on my Springfield now have the very same set up on My New Chieftain Limited.
How much for both driver and passenger seats? Will stock Indian quick release sissy bar still fit?

·
Registered
197 Posts
How much for both driver and passenger seats? Will stock Indian quick release sissy bar still fit?
Price delivered over $600 for rear seat passenger seat and sissy bar back rest. All much nicer than stick. Put all on myself less than 30 minutes everything fits perfectly

·
Rider
887 Posts
I just purchased a used extended reach Ultimate seat for my Springfield. Can't wait for it to arrive. I went with Ultimate because it is the only one that fits with the sissy bar.

May try the sheepskin and bubble wrap.

·
Rider
887 Posts

None have failed to be improved by a sheep skin pad, and a real bun-saver; bubble wrap.
I did a quick search on sheep skin pads. How do you know which to order, as they I didn’t see any size specifications. I have three bikes I would want to buy the covers for, and the seats are different on each. Is it pretty much one size fits most?

·
Rider
887 Posts

I did a quick search on sheep skin pads. How do you know which to order, as they I didn’t see any size specifications. I have three bikes I would want to buy the covers for, and the seats are different on each. Is it pretty much one size fits most?

·
Rider
708 Posts
My choice was to get a Butt Buffer - love it.

This is the right size for a SF...

According to the website - Butt Buffer Seat Cushions:
  • Never leaks (unlike air and gel cushions)
  • Significantly reduces shock and road vibration
  • Will not freeze
  • Easy to clean
  • Hypo-allergenic
  • Water and oil resistant
  • Always maintain their shape
Motorcycle Seat Cushion - Gel Cushions For Sale - Butt Buffer

No connection - I just really like the product and it was a helluva lot cheaper than swapping seats.

·
Rider
484 Posts
Airhawk is the same principle as bubble wrap but you can alter the pressure accordingly. People often over-inflate them. Best for me is to inflate, sit on it and deflate until butt is about 1/4” off the seat. One of my best buys and comes very highly recommended.

Homepage | Airhawk

·
Registered
108 Posts
What size and type do I need for the passenger of a roadmaster. My wife has significant tailbone pain and I would like to relieve that for her as much as possible so that she enjoys the ride much more.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I got the XL for my Chieftain.

Home of the Sheepskin Buttpad

If it still works use discount code: deadsheep

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love my Ultimate Seat and Bride loves the passenger ride as well! Had Ultimate on my Springfield now have the very same set up on My New Chieftain Limited.
I have the ultimate on my road king, not too many hd guys have these but I swear, with the alaska sheep skin its the best

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the 2017 Springfield. I replaced the original seat with the new rogue. Very pleased. 250 mile ride to California and no where near as painful as the original.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts