Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
I will never again deal with Corbin. The worst customer service I have ever experienced. My dealer has also stopped recommending, and even ordering them for customers because they've had so many problems.
Thank you. I did see quite a bit of negative reviews on Corbin.
I've seen a lot of people say avoid Corbin. I've seen them mention customer service mostly. There is also a group of people that say the seats are great but don't seem to have worked with the company outside of a purchase. I'm curious to know what was bad about their customer service. I've looked at them a few times but never pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've seen a lot of people say avoid Corbin. I've seen them mention customer service mostly. There is also a group of people that say the seats are great but don't seem to have worked with the company outside of a purchase. I'm curious to know what was bad about their customer service. I've looked at them a few times but never pulled the trigger.
I've seen a few say they paid and never got a product, no response via email or phone. That just makes me pause and think I'll go somewhere else.

·
Rider
460 Posts
Running through a few threads I'm trying to see what everyone thought about aftermarket seats and the stock extended reach seat.

I am considering a Corbin Wall Seat or the Extended reach stock Indian Seat. Any thoughts or reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Semper
I had my seat re-foamed. I could not ride 150 miles without getting saddle sore. Not I can ride 500 without to much trouble. The cost was $130 for the driver, I did not do the passenger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How's the pillion room on that? Room for the Mrs?
It definitely looks thicker than the Indian ones, but I'm not sure. My wife went on my old bike for about a mile and that was enough for her to decide she wasn't a fan of riding. If I get a chance in the next day or 2 I can send a pic.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
I love my Corbin, best seats (third one) I ever owned, and never had a problem with their service. Everyone has a different story when it comes to seats. Lets talk about oil!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I love my Corbin, best seats (third one) I ever owned, and never had a problem with their service. Everyone has a different story when it comes to seats. Lets talk about oil!
Thank you. Is there a specific model you would recommend? Do you have any photos?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've had a Corbin on every bike I've owned for the past 20 years. Even tried to move away from them with my last Harley and ended up coming back and putting one on and loving it. I've never had any issues with their customer service, but I've never had any issues to need their customer service once purchased.
My biggest reason why I haven't purchased one for the Challenger yet is that they engineered it to mount differently than stock. In doing this, I've read a lot of reviews that said the fit just wan't as good as it should be. that's what has been holding me back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've had a Corbin on every bike I've owned for the past 20 years. Even tried to move away from them with my last Harley and ended up coming back and putting one on and loving it. I've never had any issues with their customer service, but I've never had any issues to need their customer service once purchased.
My biggest reason why I haven't purchased one for the Challenger yet is that they engineered it to mount differently than stock. In doing this, I've read a lot of reviews that said the fit just wan't as good as it should be. that's what has been holding me back.
Thank you for the information, good to know about the mount.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We'll if my current experience is any indication, customer service is lacking. I wanted to send back a seat I purchased last year for a different bike to have it lowered a bit because it's at least 1-1/2" higher than stock. Left a couple messages, 3 emails through their system and 5 weeks later, crickets. Maybe they all have Covid 19. The folks at Ultimate on the other hand, service out of this world but no seat yet for Challenger.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Thank you. Is there a specific model you would recommend? Do you have any photos?
I went with the solo and pillion. The solo was abit wider than the dual tour, and I like the flexibility of riding with only the drivers seat on it occasionally. Took no breaking in, got on it and it just felt fine. Although the more I ride it the better it is! And the leather they use is beautiful!

IMG_0090.jpeg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I went with the solo and pillion. The solo was abit wider than the dual tour, and I like the flexibility of riding with only the drivers seat on it occasionally. Took no breaking in, got on it and it just felt fine. Although the more I ride it the better it is! And the leather they use is beautiful!

View attachment 595898 View attachment 595898
Looks great, I'll have to take a look again

21 - 40 of 47 Posts