Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running through a few threads I'm trying to see what everyone thought about aftermarket seats and the stock extended reach seat.

I am considering a Corbin Wall Seat or the Extended reach stock Indian Seat. Any thoughts or reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Semper

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,997 Posts
Based upon my experience having a Corbin seat is that they're very nicely sculpted to fit your rear but also very firm. It takes at least a couple thousand miles to really break in a Corbin seat. That being said I will be looking for a gel pad and/or a sheepskin cover for mine as these rough roads around here are bad for my butt.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I took my stock single seat and had a pro-pad put in as well as have the seat re-upholstered w/ genuine leather at Alligator Bob’s

·
Bronze member
1,239 Posts
I purchased the AlaskaLeather buttpad, which they can custom fit to ANY brand of Indian. They even cut the nose of the cover to line up nicely with the base of my tank. One thing for sure the buttpad provides some "cooling" by not coming in contact with the pleather stock seat....which does NOT breath.....and only accumulates sweat from your butt. The true test of comfort and getting rid of those "hot spots" will come when I make my cross country trek in July. But for some short, local rides, it's definitely better than the stock seat....at least for me. And you're not laying out hundreds of dollars. Call and ask for Barb at Alaska Leather. Sharp gal, knows her product. Worth a try!!!! Good luck. Aftermarket seats are like redheads.....if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased the AlaskaLeather buttpad, which they can custom fit to ANY brand of Indian. They even cut the nose of the cover to line up nicely with the base of my tank. One thing for sure the buttpad provides some "cooling" by not coming in contact with the pleather stock seat....which does NOT breath.....and only accumulates sweat from your butt. The true test of comfort and getting rid of those "hot spots" will come when I make my cross country trek in July. But for some short, local rides, it's definitely better than the stock seat....at least for me. And you're not laying out hundreds of dollars. Call and ask for Barb at Alaska Leather. Sharp gal, knows her product. Worth a try!!!! Good luck. Aftermarket seats are like redheads.....if you know what I mean.
Really appreciate the info! Definitely will look into this one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got an email from Indian about their new heating/cooling seat. Shame it's only available for the roadmaster and chieftain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the extended reach seat. IMHO I wouldn't recommend for any two up riders unless your passenger is tiny!

·
Rider
480 Posts
I bought the Road Sofa. So far, I love it. I will never again deal with Corbin. The worst customer service I have ever experienced. My dealer has also stopped recommending, and even ordering them for customers because they've had so many problems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you. I did see quite a bit of negative reviews on Corbin. My only concern with the road sofa was the hardness. Everything I read said they were very hard seats.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I bought one and my butt is not happy. Will go with an Ultimate or Russell once I make a decision. Ultimate wont commit to a date and Russell builds are into 1H of September so not sure what I do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm an Ultimate seat guy, had it on my last bike too. I'm 6'2", and the specs on their version of the extended reach seat don't seem like much, extra inch or inch and a half, but it seems like alot more room than stock, very comfortable too. I tried Indians extended reach seat and saddlemans, but they were both more cramped and uncomfortable to me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm an Ultimate seat guy, had it on my last bike too. I'm 6'2", and the specs on their version of the extended reach seat don't seem like much, extra inch or inch and a half, but it seems like alot more room than stock, very comfortable too. I tried Indians extended reach seat and saddlemans, but they were both more cramped and uncomfortable to me.
How's the pillion room on that? Room for the Mrs?

·
Rider
480 Posts
Thank you. I did see quite a bit of negative reviews on Corbin. My only concern with the road sofa was the hardness. Everything I read said they were very hard seats.
So far, it is a pretty hard seat. But I haven't really hit the 1500 miles yet where everyone says they get broken in. But I definitely don't find it uncomfortable. Anything is better than the stock seat

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So far, it is a pretty hard seat. But I haven't really hit the 1500 miles yet where everyone says they get broken in. But I definitely don't find it uncomfortable. Anything is better than the stock seat
Would you be willing to post some pictures? I'm really torn between buying the Saddlemen or waiting for Mustang or Ultimate to build a product.
Thanks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Has anyone talked to Mustang to see if they're going to produce one. I imagine they will but I don't recall seeing anything yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Has anyone talked to Mustang to see if they're going to produce one. I imagine they will but I don't recall seeing anything yet.
I contacted them, here is their response:

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the email. The Research and Design team are planning a seat for the Challenger . I do not know when the seat will actually go live at this time.

Thank you,

Trisha Kelly

Customer Service
P 413-668-1130
[email protected]

·
Registered
177 Posts
So right now if you don't go the custom route, there are 8 seats available from 4 companies, correct?

Indian's Extended reach
Corbin's 3 - Wall, Widowmaker or Dual Touring
Saddlemen's 3 - Gripper, Roadsofa or Step Up
Russel Daylong

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So right now if you don't go the custom route, there are 8 seats available from 4 companies, correct?

Indian's Extended reach
Corbin's 3 - Wall, Widowmaker or Dual Touring
Saddlemen's 3 - Gripper, Roadsofa or Step Up
Russel Daylong
That is correct however, I've heard a lot of bad things regarding Corbin customer Service. Don't really want to be out of a seat for 4 weeks with Russel Day Long.

So I guess for now it's just Indian or Saddemen..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts