Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 roadmaster elite, I’ve had for roughly 8 months correction nine months and have seen that days it looks ashe on days and was wanting to know what everyone is using on their seat? It is the vinyl seat I do believe not the true leather with studs. Please help .......I have been using lyxol and looked to work for awhile but is not very longevity for vehicle outdoors during time ridden to and from work sitting in sun for 9hrs.

·
Registered
475 Posts
When I begin to ride my bike in to work (when the rain stops and the brutal summer heat ends here in the South) I am going to look in to a sun shade type of cover to put on my bike.

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
After 2014 none are quality leather. My '15 Vintage has what I believe is bonded leather. Kind of like Spam canned meat.... ground up spare parts bonded together. I've read it has some kind of protective coating, not sure about that. I've used Skidmore's Leather Cream on the seat & bags. Soaks in but doesn't seem to help or enhance the appearance much. The Skidmore might help to preserve or protect the Spam seat & bags, but not sure about that. Sorry, wish I could help.

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
303... good idea, never thought of that stuff. Always worked great on the vinyl on my boat seats.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,075 Posts
I have a 19, and use leather honey on all the leather. I ride year round, and after owning it for 16 months, the seats still look new.

·
Rider
1,036 Posts
Bickmore Bick 4 Leather Conditioner is an outstanding leather conditioner for all leathers, including leather seating.

·
Rider
1,155 Posts
Neats foot oil is the best leather conditioner for me
Those that know use it on their horse saddles
Its cheap and its good
Will keep your leather looking its best
Tractor supply has it

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I use Griot's Garage 3 in 1 leather protector: Griot's Garage, primarily for the UV protection. As others have stated the 2015 + bikes use bonded leather. But I still like it better than 100% vinyl and some day I might upgrade to genuine leather from Corbin or one of the premium after market seat makers. .

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have used Leatherique for 20 years on vintage cars. Just did a 2 step treatment on my 2016 Roadmaster. Cleaned a bath-towel load of grim off it and it looks like new. This product takes time but does deliver results.

·
Registered
891 Posts
303... good idea, never thought of that stuff. Always worked great on the vinyl on my boat seats.
For my older real-leather seats, I start with Lexol and then finish with the 303. It adds a softness you can’t get with the lexol alone.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
In Florida the most damaging issue is UV. I bought a half cover on eBay for about $20 that I use whenever the bike is parked outside for more than a couple of hours. Quick and easy to put on. No need to let the bike cool down since it does not cover the exhaust. It protects against the sun, pollen, rain, bird droppings, etc.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Cycle Shade.com works the best for me. A good cover that protects is better than a chemical solution in my book. Been using them for years when I ride to work and the bike sits outside all day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts