Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sharing a couple replies I received back from Mustang and Corbin..

Mustang:
Answer for my question regarding a tan look vinyl: "Hi, thanks for the email. We are working on sourcing vinyl in the exact color to match the Indian stock paint. We definitely want to provide this color to Indian customers."
Reply about a seat with built in backrest: " Jeff, I’m sure there will be a backrest option!
Neal Schermerhorn
Customer Service - Technical
Mustang Motorcycle Products LLC

Corbin:
"Thank you very much for your interest in our products, we've been making
seats over 40 years and are the leading motorcycle seat manufacture in the
country.We currently just got our hands on one and going through
tooling,Should be another 3-4 weeks before a seat is released,
Anything you would like to see us make ?
I will save your email and email updates i get from my R&D team
thanks
sergio

I replied back with an option similar to the extended reach seat with a built in backrest. We shall see ???

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Corbin:
"Thank you very much for your interest in our products, we've been making
seats over 40 years and are the leading motorcycle seat manufacture in the
country.We currently just got our hands on one and going through
tooling,Should be another 3-4 weeks before a seat is released,
Anything you would like to see us make ?
I will save your email and email updates i get from my R&D team
thanks
sergio

Thanks for the information Troop, always like to hear about new products. :)
I'm sure that there will probably be a huge serge of products available from the aftermarket for the scouts within 6 months time!
I'm really looking for some unique stuff to show up soon!

I am personally not a great fan of Corbin products.
I'm several hundreds of dollars poorer than I was before buying their shoddy products that they absolutely will not stand behind!
Their record for helping customers has to be the worst in the motorcycle industry.
It is almost legendary! :mad:

YMMV!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
I'm several hundreds of dollars poorer than I was before buying their shoddy products that they absolutely will not stand behind!
Their record for helping customers has to be the worst in the motorcycle industry.
It is almost legendary!
:mad:

Plus 1 !!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I was very happy with the mustang seat I bought with backrest for 13 roadglide... I was in sturgus and they gave me a day to ride with it and return it. I kept it for 20000 miles... It was a great seat but when I went to bike week and heard a guy feeling bad that he could not afford one I asked him if he wanted the same seat for half in perfect condition. I kept it when trading the bike for a new chieftain.

He was very happy but the mustang sales guy in the tent at Daytona bike week was not very happy. I found going to sales tents during bike week is better than ebay......

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been fortunate enough to have good luck over the years with (3) Corbins and (2) Mustang seats, so no dealings with customer service. I have heard good about Mustang and less than stellar with Corbin (though issues do seem to get corrected). Mustang does reply to emails faster :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Thanks for the information Troop, always like to hear about new products. :)
I'm sure that there will probably be a huge serge of products available from the aftermarket for the scouts within 6 months time!
I'm really looking for some unique stuff to show up soon!

It is almost legendary! :mad:

YMMV!
EXACTLY! I had the worst customer service experience. NEVER AGAIN will I buy from Crapbin!!! Not to mention I saw no difference over stock for my one waste of money experience with them.

Okay, I'm done. I just stepped away from the ledge...

Reactions: RBinTEX and Cindy

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: Cindy

·
Registered
223 Posts
I saw the Mustang seat taking form, it's going to be NICE!

·
Founding Member
1,929 Posts
I want a springer seat. Too much to ask?
Interesting. I was looking at the WOD bike, wondering if a seat like that hard mounted would be too harsh, sure fits the style better IMO. Biltwell's solo2 is intriguing, they offer it as a pan and foam. Could get some really nice leather. Do you think you would have to put springs on it?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mustang did say they are trying to match the color and will have black available too.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mustang did say they are trying to match the color and will have black available too.
Can't wait to see the 'finished' product on your bike. Then we will get to 'wait' for them to start shipping.. hmmm sounds like something I have experience in... Thanks :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
What style seat is mustang building? I've been looking on their site, I think the "tripper fastback" would look good, especially if you can custom order colours like you can for the bolt etc.
I find that Corbin Brave seat looks WAY to big for the bike... But maybe that's just me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
They didn't say exactly what styles, but they did say there would be a few. I'm also hoping for something like the tripper fastback.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts