Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pre-ordering a 2014 Indian, and notice that the seat height on the current model is just over 27'.  I am about 5'11' with a 30' inseam (a bit short from the waist down, based on my height).  On the current models, or those that are older, what is the general consensus regarding feet on the ground?  If this becomes an issue, can the Indian be lowered a tad?

Thanks 

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The current Indian can be lowered with a replacement rear shock. (kickstand must be
replaced also)
I don’t believe reach to the ground would be a problem for you however the bars
and foot controls are well forward.
The 2014 is not likely to be in the same frame as the mounting points for the new
engine are entirely different than the current Indian 105.
Also if you look closely AT THE 360 VIEW ON THE Indian site one exhaust tube appears
to make a sharp turn indicating a possible crossover to dual exhaust.

I am 6'1' with 32 inch inseam and as you can see my legs are quite bent in a flatfooted position.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to see the pic. That helps. I had not noticed the potential dual exhaust setup until you pointed it out; nice pickup!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 30' inseam as well and usually any seat height over 26.5 is a bit too tall for my liking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're pre-ordering a 2014 sight unseen? What if you don't like the style? 2014 will be the first Indian built by Polaris. Granted I'm expecting it to be an awesome bike but still wouldn't want to at least see what it looks like before laying down my money. But of course thats just me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4606 said:
You're pre-ordering a 2014 sight unseen? What if you don't like the style? 2014 will be the first Indian built by Polaris. Granted I'm expecting it to be an awesome bike but still wouldn't want to at least see what it looks like before laying down my money. But of course thats just me.
Ordering sight unseen, but they are offering a return of the deposit if I don't like the bike. But really, how bad could it be?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With a 28' inseam may be keeping the XC forever .. First Touring Bike ever owned didn't have to worry about either changing seats or shocks for a comfortable Flat footing .. I hate to lower a bike, love my ground clearence for the turns and twisties .. One of the Factors went with the XC ..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
15617 said:
I am pre-ordering a 2014 Indian, and notice that the seat height on the current model is just over 27'. I am about 5'11' with a 30' inseam (a bit short from the waist down, based on my height). On the current models, or those that are older, what is the general consensus regarding feet on the ground? If this becomes an issue, can the Indian be lowered a tad?

Thanks
Congrats and I (for one) would be interested in knowing a few more details. What kind of price point are they guiding you towards & how much is your deposit ($5K)? Your location shows as 'Belize' so not certain if that factors in or if you are buying it state-side. Really, more questions than answers I guess so if you are open to sharing anything, please private message me. I may be interested in hearing what you are doing and perhaps replicating it. I've got the BEST Indian dealer about 20 minutes from my house and I guess I could go directly to him but I'd be interested in hearing what your doing first. Thanks in advance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts