Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the stock seat with a seat and backrest from Ultimate Seats. Although I think the stock seat looked nice, I have found it to be very uncomfortable. I did a temporary fix and purchased an airhawk pad (original style). It helped some but was not perfect. I think had i purchased the airhawk II it may have been a little better. I have had the ultimate seat for about 5 days and have put about 500 miles. It has made a world of difference. It did elevate me about an inch higher and did slightly change my riding position. However, the change was for the better and I think over time the seat may settle down some. If it doesn't it won't be a negative. I did also purchase the rear seat but I have not put it on as I seldom ride 2 up. I wish I this seat was around when I owned my previous bikes (92 low rider, 96 ultra, goldwing and BMW R 1250). Each of which had uncomfortable seats. Seats are very personal, but for me this is the best seat I have ever sat on. Hope this helps you.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Seat looks good. I also have a 2019 Chieftain and I like the stock seat because I could place my feet flat onto the ground in the seating position but after three hours my back side started hurting. I ordered the Corbin solo seat and it raised me up an inch and moved me back slightly. Now in order to flat foot I must slide forward to plant my feet in which Corbin says this is normal (I’m 5’ 8”) I don’t like sliding around on my seat during a stopping sequence so I am sending it back to them for a free adjustment. They claim the increase in height is to make the seat more comfortable with the thicker foam. I’m not sure why they ask for your inseam if they raise you up on purpose? I’m not sure it will settle a full inch. Did you also know this year bike already comes with the inch lowering shock from the factory? That was going to be my first fix but the dealer brought that to my attention.

Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't know about the lowering shock. But i am fine with the way things are for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just replaced the stock seat with a seat and backrest from Ultimate Seats. Although I think the stock seat looked nice, I have found it to be very uncomfortable. I did a temporary fix and purchased an airhawk pad (original style). It helped some but was not perfect. I think had i purchased the airhawk II it may have been a little better. I have had the ultimate seat for about 5 days and have put about 500 miles. It has made a world of difference. It did elevate me about an inch higher and did slightly change my riding position. However, the change was for the better and I think over time the seat may settle down some. If it doesn't it won't be a negative. I did also purchase the rear seat but I have not put it on as I seldom ride 2 up. I wish I this seat was around when I owned my previous bikes (92 low rider, 96 ultra, goldwing and BMW R 1250). Each of which had uncomfortable seats. Seats are very personal, but for me this is the best seat I have ever sat on. Hope this helps you.
Love my Ultimate Seat Setup; went with the tall boy version as 6'1" with longer than average arms. I now can ride from fuel stop to fuel stop with no need to stop in between. Great purchase and great warranty trial period as well.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
455 Posts
Same here, I just put on my Ultimate seat, I guess you were in that back order line as well (funny I have the same 2019 Steel Grey too). Ran a few 100 miles this past weekend and it's a keeper. I actually hope mine stays that inch higher, I like that feel. I've always heard talk about sitting 'in the bike' not 'on it', but having gone through a few seats on my old bike I actually prefer sitting on it rather than in it. Different strokes I guess. So far I really like the Ultimate.

·
Registered
2019 Chieftain Limited
69 Posts
hey great post im in the market for the same seat from this company looks gd......i have a 19 chieftain as well the rouge seat looks gd but for me and the wife on long trips i surely want the comfort not the look....once again this post came at the right time....

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
455 Posts
And as much as the Rogue seat looks good, I personally think the Ultimate looks good on the 19 too. I lost my phone with all my pictures. I'll take another pic and post it if you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts