Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I may be wrong though, I might have been thinking of RDL... It's been a minute since I looked at them all.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I called Ulitimate today and found out they do not offer leather as a option. I also found out that you can get a heated front seat and a unheated passenger seat but you have to call to order it. So even though they don’t offer vinyl I ordered one today. It won’t ship for three weeks. Thanks everyone for your input.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All,
I'm in the process of making a few upgrades to my 2019 Chieftain Classic. I will be upgrading the seat soon. Any recommendations or comments would be appreciated. The four I read the most about are
Russell Daylong - I'm not a big fan of the look .
Ultimate - I read great reviews but I don't think I want a vinyl seat
Mustang- No opinion
Corbin- I'm leaning this way but Id like input from anyone that's had one
Thanks for the reply's
I have a 2019 Chieftain Limited couldn’t wait to get a new seat after a 150 mile trip so I went with a Mustang seat and couldn’t be happier, I didn’t care for Corbin it just wasn’t comfortable for me but neither are Nike shoes it comes down to what you feel comfortable with

·
Registered
21 Posts
Having spent about $3,000 on multiple seats for my Chieftain and Roadmaster I can recomend the Ultimate Seat brand seats.

I had a corbin, mustang, and the factory seat, and the ultimate seat is by far the most comfortable for me and my wife.

I had the seat on my 16 Chieftain and when I bought a 19 Roadmaster I told them I want my seat, it was a dealbreaker if I couldn't swap them. If your 6' or more make sure you get the tall version of the back rest as well.

Probably have 35K on the seat between the two bikes. I also run a sheepskin which has confused more than one HD owner I have run into on the road.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I upgraded to an Ultimate seat when I was riding my Yamaha and loved it, but when I rented a 2014 Vintage I was amazed at the comfort stock leather seat. Now that I own a 14 Vintage, I am totally satisfied with the stock seat. Maybe it's the 14 leather that makes a difference, but I'm a happy guy! :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello All,
I'm in the process of making a few upgrades to my 2019 Chieftain Classic. I will be upgrading the seat soon. Any recommendations or comments would be appreciated. The four I read the most about are
Mustang- No opinion
Thanks for the reply's
I have mixed feelings about Mustang. I put it on my 06 Honda Aero and it was awesome. I traded in for 14 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe and I loved the stock seat but wife hated passenger pillion. I bought Mustang for both driver and passenger due to living the one on my Honda. The one for the Yamaha sucked! It was hard as a rock. I hated it but wife lived hers. I wished every ride I could use the stock seat again. Traded the Yammy for my 18 Chieftain Classic and I’m in the same boat as you now. Stock seat sucks and I’m scared to go Mustang again after the 2 TOTALLY different experiences.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hello All,
Mustang- No opinion
Thanks for the reply's
I got the Russell Day Long. I wrote an extensive review with pictures about the seat Here. Here is the manual link to my review. Review of the Russel Day Long Seat for the Indian Roadmaster Motorcycle

·
Registered
90 Posts
I called Ulitimate today and found out they do not offer leather as a option. I also found out that you can get a heated front seat and a unheated passenger seat but you have to call to order it. So even though they don’t offer vinyl I ordered one today. It won’t ship for three weeks. Thanks everyone for your input.
I hope you like your Ultimate as much as I like mine! You'll be a happy boy!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hello All,
Mustang- No opinion
Thanks for the reply's
Don't have time to read all the responses so I don't know if anyone has suggested Mean City Cycles. I have redyed all my 2014 Vintage leather so I wanted to keep my own seat leather. Mean City Cycles will rebuild your seat according to your weight, passenger weight, etc. Mine came back exactly as it looked before the rebuild and was waaaaay more comfortable. I've ridden some eight and ten hour days on it. Oh, and he rides a Vintage.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Don't have time to read all the responses so I don't know if anyone has suggested Mean City Cycles. I have redyed all my 2014 Vintage leather so I wanted to keep my own seat leather. Mean City Cycles will rebuild your seat according to your weight, passenger weight, etc. Mine came back exactly as it looked before the rebuild and was waaaaay more comfortable. I've ridden some eight and ten hour days on it. Oh, and he rides a Vintage.

I wish I would have given them a chance before I went to Russell Day Long. Oh well, hind sight is 20/20

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I got the Russell Day Long. I wrote an extensive review with pictures about the seat Here. Here is the manual link to my review. Review of the Russel Day Long Seat for the Indian Roadmaster Motorcycle
Nice review. Your feelings of maybe I made a mistake, I too experienced for a few hundred miles. It is different and you must get use to it. The Russell added many inches to the width of the seat in the "wings" area. The stock seat height on my Triumph is 31" on the low setting and 32" on the high setting. The Russell, on that bike, did not necessarily raise me up, but the width makes it feel like you sit higher because your reach to the ground is longer. The seat, on this bike at lights require a little slide forward, to the thinner part of the seat before you put your foot down. It was a very small inconvenience and now I don't really notice at all. However, as I stated in an earlier post, 12 or more hours in the saddle is no longer an issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,
Mustang- No opinion
Thanks for the reply's
I have had Corbin on all of my Harleys and Indians for over twenty years. Take some braking in and are never soft, but you can go 500 miles in a day and live with the amount of resulting discomfort.

·
Bronze member
1,876 Posts
I have had Corbin on all of my Harleys and Indians for over twenty years. Take some braking in and are never soft, but you can go 500 miles in a day and live with the amount of resulting discomfort.
I will say that the two Corbin Sears I’ve purchased for my RM have had the softest initial feel of any previous Corbin I’ve owned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Corbin and it is awesome. However, you will see mixed reviews on Corbin. I was able to go to the factory and get it custom made. This is the first seat I had with a backrest and it is a game changer. I highly recommend a backrest with whatever brand you choose. Good luck with your search.

Phil
I agree. I have had very mixed luck with Corbin. I bought a Corbin seat for my 2017 Chieftain and absolutely loved it, the best I ever had on a motorcycle.
This past April I ordered a Corbin seat through Tytler Cycle, which is the Indian of Green Bay dealership, for my 2020 Challenger. It arrived in early June. What a huge disappointment. Removing it from the box we could see where the leather was scuffed on the front of the seat where it formed around the pan. Then the mechanics tried to install it on the bike. For over an hour they worked on trying to get that seat to actually fit on my motorcycle. The best they could accomplish still left a roughly 2 inch gap all the way around between the seat and the frame. I told the manager that I wasn't going to accept that. They got on the phone with Corbin right away they sent pictures of the seat damage and also of how it did not fit on my motorcycle. The representative from Corbin told Tytler to send the seat back and they would fix things. Tytler Cycle did this the next day, and that was the end of it, we waited a month without hearing anything back from Corbin. Tytler cycle contacted Corbin, they told us they were working on the seat and to just be patient. We waited another month, it was early August and still no word or seat from Corbin. At this time I said I no longer wanted the seat and that I wanted my money back. The parts manager from Tytler cycle contacted Corbin. It took several calls to finally get through to them. He explained that I no longer wanted the seat and that I wanted my $908 refunded. Corbin said for us to give them more time. Tytler Cycle told Corbin I wanted my money back and they could keep the seat. This was the last time that Corbin took a call or answered an email from Indian of Green Bay.
I will give kudos to Tytler Cycle, they reimbursed me my $908 that I spent on the seat. As far as I know Corbin has yet to return either the motorcycle seat or the money that I paid for it. I'd never buy a Corbin product again.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I will give kudos to Tytler Cycle, they reimbursed me my $908 that I spent on the seat. As far as I know Corbin has yet to return either the motorcycle seat or the money that I paid for it. I'd never buy a Corbin product again.
And that's why I wrote off Corbin.

I don't care if you are the best. If you don't stand behind your products then screw you.

I got Saddlemen for my previous bike and it was perfect, but I didn't like how it sat on the bike. Guess what Saddlemen did?

Asked me to send it back and gave me a full refund, that's what! Cuz that's what good companies do.

·
Bronze member
1,581 Posts
I placed order for heated Ultimate with back rest a couple days ago, they said ship in 3-4 weeks.
Since I’m in Minnesota I won’t be trying it anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I placed order for heated Ultimate with back rest a couple days ago, they said ship in 3-4 weeks.
Since I’m in Minnesota I won’t be trying it anytime soon.
I’m in slower lower Delaware and won’t be doing many rides so 3 weeks isn’t a killer for me.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts