Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I guess I missed what point I proved.
Yeah, I'm confused too. But anyway I'll be reaching out to Corbin today or Monday. I need a few answers that I can't get from their website. Thanks Everyone.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
@MilwDave LOL that what works for someone else means absolutely nothing to your ass ! Trial and error. Problem is majority of these seat manufacturers won’t take returns. So you sell them at a loss if they don’t work for you. Nothing against Corbin some lovem some hatem . For myself they are like sitting on a park bench to firm. But I have anything but a big ass for cushion. Like oil like tires it’s what works for the individual

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,747 Posts
In the case of my Scout the stock seat was a torture rack in ten or fifteen minutes of riding. I replaced it with a Corbin solo and it was immediately day & might better. It was also very firm but the contour was perfect for me. The seat was terrific as long as the roads were relatively smooth. Problem is that the majority of non highway roads in my area are atrociously rough and the stiff Corbin saddle was beating me up. After a riding season and a sore aching ass I ordered a Mother Road Custom Scout Springer seat. It has made the roughest roads tolerable. The seat contour isn't as perfect as the Corbin was and the seat moving up & down takes a little getting used to but the trade off is worth it to avoid pain.

·
Bronze member
1,896 Posts
@MilwDave LOL that what works for someone else means absolutely nothing to your ass ! Trial and error. Problem is majority of these seat manufacturers won’t take returns. So you sell them at a loss if they don’t work for you. Nothing against Corbin some lovem some hatem . For myself they are like sitting on a park bench to firm. But I have anything but a big ass for cushion. Like oil like tires it’s what works for the individual
A Corbin seat needs an extended break-in period, usually about 1500 miles. Yes, they seem hard at first but a 100 miles will not give you a true feel for their comfort.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Had a Mustang on my RKC and it was great for long rides. I've had 2 Corbins. Great quality and look but both were too firm for me. Put an Ultimate on my 2019 Chieftain and it's the best seat I've had for staying in the saddle. BTW the BEST thing I did on either bike was add a drivers backrest.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Had a Mustang on my RKC and it was great for long rides. I've had 2 Corbins. Great quality and look but both were too firm for me. Put an Ultimate on my 2019 Chieftain and it's the best seat I've had for staying in the saddle. BTW the BEST thing I did on either bike was add a drivers backrest.
Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. Makes a huge difference in comfort. My 20's....backrest? No way. My 50's.....backrest? Hell yes!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
A Corbin seat needs an extended break-in period, usually about 1500 miles. Yes, they seem hard at first but a 100 miles will not give you a true feel for their comfort.
Well I beg to differ with you. I tried for quite some time. Believe me for what I paid the last thing I wanted to do was sell it at a loss. Which is the norm on a so called now used seat. Again what works for my ass has absolutely nothing to do with what works for anyone else’s. Trial and error if you can’t knock down a minimum of a 5 to 600 mile day in comfort it’s not for you. I’ve also tried the ultimate luckily they take returns. Myself I can roll 7 to 900 easily on a mustang. Can’t tell you why. But my ass is very partial to it.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,731 Posts
One more point about Ultimate (and Corbin, Mustang, etc may offer the same deal, I don’t know). I bought my Ultimate in 2016. In 2019 the backrest mount broke down inside the seat. ( I used to have the bad habit of leaning back on the backrest hard to stretch...no more)
I spoke with Ultimate and not only did they fix it for free, they paid the shipping both ways. I had my seat back in less than two weeks.
I will always use Ultimate seats from now on.

Also to recap that all asses are different...
I rode about 7 hours in one day on my new Indian Chieftain with the stock seat in 2014. I couldn’t feel my nuts for two days. I was getting a little bit scared...

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,731 Posts
Well I beg to differ with you. I tried for quite some time. Believe me for what I paid the last thing I wanted to do was sell it at a loss. Which is the norm on a so called now used seat. Again what works for my ass has absolutely nothing to do with what works for anyone else’s. Trial and error if you can’t knock down a minimum of a 5 to 600 mile day in comfort it’s not for you. I’ve also tried the ultimate luckily they take returns. Myself I can roll 7 to 900 easily on a mustang. Can’t tell you why. But my ass is very partial to it.
Maybe it’s the “mustang” moniker....? A little partial to cowboys there, New York?:p🍑

Just kidding!

·
Silver member
4,920 Posts
I ordered the Mustang One-Piece Tripper Seat with the driver backrest earlier today for my Chieftain.
Unfortunately for me though the snow and ice will be around for a few more months before I can try it out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth here. I was in the same boat as you with my Springfield. RDL is the only one I could find that didn’t have any negative comments so if I was spending money I wanted the best. But, I hated the look too so I bought a gently used Roadmaster seat and after giving it a little try I sent it off. The Roadmaster version doesn’t look too bad, but to me it’s not all it cracked up to be. Yeah it’s wider, yeah it doesn’t leave you bouncing on the seat pan after a few hours, but a magic pain reliever it is not! It also sits you up about an 1 1/2”. But after the money I’ve spent buying a RM seat then having just the rider portion upgraded by RDL, my ass is just gonna have to break in to it!

For what it’s worth, my wife has a 2018 Can-am Spyder F3L and we bought her an Ultimate. It also sits you up a little higher, and after the break in period she loves it.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Just my 2 cents worth here. I was in the same boat as you with my Springfield. RDL is the only one I could find that didn’t have any negative comments so if I was spending money I wanted the best. But, I hated the look too so I bought a gently used Roadmaster seat and after giving it a little try I sent it off. The Roadmaster version doesn’t look too bad, but to me it’s not all it cracked up to be. Yeah it’s wider, yeah it doesn’t leave you bouncing on the seat pan after a few hours, but a magic pain reliever it is not! It also sits you up about an 1 1/2”. But after the money I’ve spent buying a RM seat then having just the rider portion upgraded by RDL, my ass is just gonna have to break in to it!

For what it’s worth, my wife has a 2018 Can-am Spyder F3L and we bought her an Ultimate. It also sits you up a little higher, and after the break in period she loves it.

View attachment 618974
i was leaning hard towards a Corbin but I may go with a Ultimate. I really wanted leather but I may have to settle for vinyl. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
301 Posts
Leather is available, you just have to pay a premium for it.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts