Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Roadmaster, the two side bolts that hold the seat on. What size thread, as my bolts seem fine, but the threads in the bike-frame-rail whatever, seems stripped on one and the other is getting there. I want to rethread the holes- threads......... TIA
Kevin

·
Registered
221 Posts
2017 Roadmaster, the two side bolts that hold the seat on. What size thread, as my bolts seem fine, but the threads in the bike-frame-rail whatever, seems stripped on one and the other is getting there. I want to rethread the holes- threads......... TIA
Kevin
6 mm I believe

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Be careful not to over torque them. It’s steel on aluminum. I had to retread one side after a dealer stripped the threads.

·
Bronze member
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a metric set, hopefully, the right sizes in it. thx.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Hand tighten only. The threads are sensitive.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I chased the threads on my Roadmaster the first time I had the seat off and made the holds on the seat brackets a little larger so that the bolts wouldn't bind in the bracket. The standard seat was pretty ok, but the Rogue seat had holes that were really tight. I am with everyone else about not cranking them down too much. Aluminum is pretty soft. I haven't had any problems with mine since. I don't remember what size they were at the time, but, for sure, they are metric.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
According to the manual, proper torque is 84 in-lbs, or 10 NM. Not much more than snug.
Tap size listed was 6mm x 1 pitch
Suggest using anti-seize on the threads. The bolts are stainless and frame aluminum which equals gaulding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts