1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Not for much longer
408 Posts
SaWeet!

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,897 Posts
Ya want a comment? Okay, you asked for it. I'd think if you went to the trouble of a whole paint job you could at least match the rear speaker grills.:p Seriously I think it's one area Indian has come up short. They have inner fairing and tank cover and those black grills really don't bring everything together. JMHO

·
Registered
809 Posts
As my wife said, when the bike is not black, leaving the speaker pods black makes them stick out like the proverbial sore thumb. I've never been sure why Indian doesn't paint them to match the bike on the red, etc bikes. That's actually the main reason we bought our bike in black in the first place; the black pods make the red and red/cream look awful IMO.

Reactions: SterlingDrive

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback on the color of the speaker pods! Painting stock plastic trim to match is something we can definitely do, and have done before! On this bike though, we wanted it to look as stock as possible, as if it was a factory color option. :D

·
Registered
809 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on the color of the speaker pods! Painting stock plastic trim to match is something we can definitely do, and have done before! On this bike though, we wanted it to look as stock as possible, as if it was a factory color option. :D
Fair enough, though you could paint the pods and say it looks "like stock SHOULD be." :D

Reactions: 47909wife

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,897 Posts
So you wanted comments you could agree with. Like it's beautiful and you did good. Okay, there ya are.;) Oh, I forgot one. It looks just like it is STOCK.:(

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I love the paint job, I don't understand why the speaker pods were left black though. =(
I don't understand why the leather was left tan and not switched to black.

·
Silver member
3,266 Posts
That's my favorite color combo - It's what my Vintage Bella wears every day that I take her out - and I think you did a wonderful job on this project. I do agree with the comments about the speaker boxes, but that's an easy fix. All in all, very well done.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I don't understand why the leather was left tan and not switched to black.
Because bikes from That Other American M/C Company(tm)(C)(R) have black seats, and Indian chose to do something different. No offense to those that switch to black seats, but IMO the Desert Tan is far superior.

I had a guy ride by, pull a U-turn, and pull into the parking lot where we were stopped and ask, "Man that seat's AWESOME!!! Who did that for you!?!??!" ... and I had to reply "Heh, it's stock dude..."

·
Registered
6 Posts
You painted the inner fairing.

So it's already not a factory color option.

·
Registered
434 Posts
yea, looks like it could be a factory paint option,, Yawn.:(
Speaker covers on back need to either match the seat or the paint job.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Because bikes from That Other American M/C Company(tm)(C)(R) have black seats, and Indian chose to do something different. No offense to those that switch to black seats, but IMO the Desert Tan is far superior.

I had a guy ride by, pull a U-turn, and pull into the parking lot where we were stopped and ask, "Man that seat's AWESOME!!! Who did that for you!?!??!" ... and I had to reply "Heh, it's stock dude..."

Reactions: Ken1553

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yeah, the black leather looks good on those. But the Desert Tan looks fantastic on the bike that dealer posted, and also with most of the stock colors.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yeah, the black leather looks good on those. But the Desert Tan looks fantastic on the bike that dealer posted, and also with most of the stock colors.
Sure the tan looks fantastic, but black leather would look better on that bike, especially with the black speaker panels, black floorboard, black lower fairing inner, black frame, black grips, black engine trim. But hey opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Also the tank badge is in the wrong place. Maybe it was done on purpose but looks odd to me after seeing so many.

The paint is gorgeous, just the little things ruin it for me.

Reactions: Ken1553
1 - 20 of 21 Posts