Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Just got the mini floor boards from San Diego Customs. Love it even before doing a single mile. Naturally, they don't fit, but a little machining tomorrow should take care of that. I think I can get away with a couple of bushings and four spacers. Actions shots and riding impressions this weekend. I'll also post pictures and dimensions of the adapters I'll be putting together for the handy among you.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thats awesome! How the heck did you get them? They were backordered. You know i want them, but my bars come first.

I live in San Diego, a lil envious.

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're now in stock. Ten left according to their page. Just be prepared to have them fitted, stock doesn't work and they don't make an adapter.

·
Registered
430 Posts
They look sexy. Hows the quality? I found out today that SDC is a one guy shop and thats why its so difficult to get his product. I might go down and make visit, see if he can make me some adapters.

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They look sexy. Hows the quality? I found out today that SDC is a one guy shop and thats why its so difficult to get his product. I might go down and make visit, see if he can make me some adapters.
Top notch, anodizing is great, finish is great, adjustable, etc, etc. My husband talked to him tonight, he might recall the question. He sent him to a Harley store for an adapter, but 30 minutes at the lathe will take care of it. A bushing to fit over the OEM bolt and a few spacers on each side. If you want to get really fancy, cut off the end of the OEM peg, tap and taper it, and use it as the adapter.

I'll post the parts and their dimensions tomorrow.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
I like a lot. I'm hoping that by the time my bike comes they may be selling some made for the Scout. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Yeah ... Just a ton of options available using the H-D male mounts. Thinking my bike will be coming home next week so I should get the bear claws installed then :)

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah ... Just a ton of options available using the H-D male mounts. Thinking my bike will be coming home next week so I should get the bear claws installed then :)
Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
334 Posts
View attachment 6212 View attachment 6213 View attachment 6214 View attachment 6216

Just got the mini floor boards from San Diego Customs. Love it even before doing a single mile. Naturally, they don't fit, but a little machining tomorrow should take care of that. I think I can get away with a couple of bushings and four spacers. Actions shots and riding impressions this weekend. I'll also post pictures and dimensions of the adapters I'll be putting together for the handy among you.
You mean these! I have someone working on mounting as I do t have the tool and die

Attachments

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By the way, for anyone messing with the pegs. The bolt retaining them ends with a shallow channel and a very thin and flimsy split ring which is probably rendered useless (let me rephrase, it's pretty useless period) once removed. I am going to deepen the channel by a few mils and put an outside retaining ring while at it.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
By the way, for anyone messing with the pegs. The bolt retaining them ends with a shallow channel and a very thin and flimsy split ring which is probably rendered useless (let me rephrase, it's pretty useless period) once removed. I am going to deepen the channel by a few mils and put an outside retaining ring while at it.
I just bought a couple stainless M8 socket cap bolts (can't remember length) and couple spare M8 lock nuts. To hell with the PIA retainer clips :(

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Registered
334 Posts
The "oh Jesus" clip

Let's see who gets what I am saying!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The "oh Jesus" clip

Let's see who gets what I am saying!
You mean like the nut that holds the blades on

·
Registered
334 Posts
Talked to Chip at SDC he can make them just needs a scout, OEM peg or dimensions!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts