Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some people say they have had problems with the Challenger screen being in dark mode even when it is bright out, or bright when it is dark out. However, today I was using the trigger on the left grip to scroll through the screens and some screens were dark and some were bright. Even when I did the split screen between the GPS and whatever you have set up on the right side, the GPS was bright and the right side was dark. It was really weird. It did it for a long time before it finally fixed itself.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yea, mine does all that you mentioned. Haven't really been able to pinpoint when or why. When it acts goofy, I take it out of auto mode and select either day or night. Then, after a few mins input it back in auto mode (just so it should be ready for next time).

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,627 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. I don't ride much at night but I've had to put it night mode manually.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Since the ride command update that came out a few weeks ago. This issue has been resolved on my Challenger. It changes within 5 seconds of being in the dark or sunlight.

I now run it in automatic mode now that it works.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
I bought a 2020 Roadmaster in may - great bike love the power, suspension, handling etc. this is my 3rd RM.

I too have tried to address this problem with the dealer:

Then the Day / Night Automatic screen sensor does not work - - The answer Polaris Tech support gave the dealer tech was that the light sensor that was put on Road Command 2.0 bikes is too sensitive so they are thinking about deleting that feature in a future software update! I can't understand why they just don't fix the sensor? don't take away one of our features!

It looks like this problem has affected all the Road Command 2.0 bikes

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've seen some people say they have had problems with the Challenger screen being in dark mode even when it is bright out, or bright when it is dark out. However, today I was using the trigger on the left grip to scroll through the screens and some screens were dark and some were bright. Even when I did the split screen between the GPS and whatever you have set up on the right side, the GPS was bright and the right side was dark. It was really weird. It did it for a long time before it finally fixed itself.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Latest update fixes this. Just had it done.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Latest update did not fix this on my 2020 roadmaster. The dealer said that polaris is thinking about just deleting that feature from the next update since the light sensor was too sensitive.

Interesting way of looking at it - delete the feature LOL

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,627 Posts
That's a silly thing to do. A good workaround would to be to look at the clock and/or gps and throw some dusk/dawn tables in. Once you're on once side or the other, don't let the sensor give a bad reading.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Well my screen has been working perfectly until today. It was nice and sunny and the screen was on light day. Then it clouded up just a little still pretty light out and it went to night view. Then after about an hour the clouds were gone and it went back to day view. I would say it is very sensitive. Remembered seeing this post and decided to read it.

Today Sun 9/27 it is overcast darker than the other day but the day screen is on and it is fine. The sensor must be set so that if it notices a change from light to darker it changes the screen. I'm just guessing.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,627 Posts
Thanks. I've noticed mine seems to be working much better. Went right into night mode tonight.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I too had this issue even after the update and had it as one of my warranty issues when I recently brought it into the shop. What they found was the dealership that set up the bike did not properly set the modem that talks to everything. Apparently, from what I was told, my auto brightness, traffic and weather on the nav system and even the constant glitches with the nav system were all due to this. I haven't had an opprotunity to confirm it's all working correctly every time, but the shop was confident that was the problem and everything was fixed. Hope this info can help someone else.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,627 Posts
Do you have more information on what they fixed?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm getting pretty frustrated with the Ride Command 2.0.

really LOVE apple carplay, BUT:
-won't properly load contacts from my iphone 11 pro max
  • won't adjust day / night mode at all. Has to be set manually every time
  • the odometer settings flash back and forth between original mileage on the bike and the new mileage after dealer install black guages from the stock amber one (this makes the odometer and trip odometer settings completely useless.

I'm wondering if I have a defective ride command?

Dealer had it for 3 weeks one time already to troubleshoot with polaris. This is not acceptable for a $32K bike!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
So my base Challengers is starting to switch to the wrong display mode more frequently - but, I don't mind the night-mode display at all during the day (and thus, would not take it to the dealership). However, is this a symptom of a broader hiccup that may impact other systems (on the base) such that service is recommended?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine still has an issue with auto mode for night and day display too. Even after the July 2020 update. I set it manually.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts