Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put 800+ miles on a rented 2015 Roadmaster with 25K miles. I own an RM and have ridden 2 other rentals plus a friends Vintage. None had this problem.

When cold, after engaging the clutch, I would get a very loud screeching/squealing sound when accelerating. Pull in the clutch and the bike rolled quietly (not the belt), rev the engine - no noise. This was not the typical "clacking" I'm familiar with. The sound seemed to be coming from the right side, valve cover area. With the clutch engaged the sound would appear only on acceleration. Hard deceleration with the clutch engaged would sometimes produce a tinkling metallic sound. Acceleration was strong and no feeling of clutch slippage.

The sound would eventually lessen as the bike/weather warmed up, but never completely go away.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this something that could be a concern for TS111 engines with higher mileage?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Would you believe------the front belt pulley (its hidden). Adjusted my belt alignment and Poof, it was gone. I`m sure many on here would try to assume the worst, like engine bearings or muffler bearings, or oil scrubber modulator, but go simple FIRST !!!

Reactions: Roadie

·
Registered
196 Posts
Would you believe------the front belt pulley (its hidden). Adjusted my belt alignment and Poof, it was gone. I`m sure many on here would try to assume the worst, like engine bearings or muffler bearings, or oil scrubber modulator, but go simple FIRST !!!
Get the rear pulley and belt changed cause they don't fit right. Cogs on belt don't match pulley. They fixed and changed it on the 16 s. Keep looking here and you'll find out all about it. Belt adjustment might work for a little while but keep riding it will be back. Ware them out now or it will be 1700 dollars on your dime when it's out of warranty. It's a 5 hr job. Been there and done that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts