Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post a picture of your scout with a faring or windshield and give a little discriprtion. If you mounted any electronics like GPS or stereo get a good shot of that too and the details.I thought it would be good to be able to see what everyone has done with fairings or windshields in one thread. If this type of thread already exists let me know and we can delete this one.

Thanks,

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,807 Posts
National Cycle 2-up Switchblade windshield. 20 inch height from the top of the headlight cut-out. I'm 5 foot eleven and can easily see over the top of it and still not get bugs in the face. Little or no turbulence, just a little breeze comes around it which is nice on a hot day.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
I mounted the FS 24 on my Scout 60 using OEM brackets . I also have the 10’ mini apes. It does work, but you have to remove the shield from the brackets to install and remove . There is room between the the mirrors/master cylinder but it is close.

However it does work and I did go for a quick ride in between storms .. I will say it does keep all the wind off my chest. While there is some minor buffeting on top of my helmet, it is. It isn’t much and I figured there would be some .

I’m going to do a long Interstate Ride running around 75-80 for an hour before I take the tape off to see if I’m going to keep it. So far I am impressed on how it performs with the short 30 minute I was able to get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,423 Posts
I mounted the FS 24 on my Scout 60 using OEM brackets . I also have the 10’ mini apes. It does work, but you have to remove the shield from the brackets to install and remove . There is room between the the mirrors/master cylinder but it is close.

However it does work and I did go for a quick ride in between storms .. I will say it does keep all the wind off my chest. While there is some minor buffeting on top of my helmet, it is. It isn’t much and I figured there would be some .

I’m going to do a long Interstate Ride running around 75-80 for an hour before I take the tape off to see if I’m going to keep it. So far I am impressed on how it performs with the short 30 minute I was able to get in.

Looks good

·
Registered
81 Posts
Post a picture of your scout with a faring or windshield and give a little discriprtion. If you mounted any electronics like GPS or stereo get a good shot of that too and the details.I thought it would be good to be able to see what everyone has done with fairings or windshields in one thread. If this type of thread already exists let me know and we can delete this one.

Thanks,
memphis shades cafe fairing, With blacked out turn signals.... and I recently put koso heated grips on it

·
Registered
420 Posts
^^^Nice! I've been wondering what the Memphis Shades Cafe Fairing would look like with mini-apes.

·
4,807 Posts
While some prefer minimal wind protection ( and that's ok), I prefer a larger wider windscreen. I still have to be able to see over the top. I didn't like the styling of the Indian accessories windshield nor did I like what I read regarding the buffeting problems requiring aftermarket shields to fit the OEM bracketry. I opted for the National Cycle 2-up Switchblade which I direct ordered from them. I am very pleased with the results getting very little to no buffeting, just a nice breeze coming around the windshield. It has a more traditional look to it's shape & brackets which I also like. I'm 5 foot eleven and it comes about to my mouth level while riding sitting straight up.
74532310_1306932826132955_1145003981504774144_n.jpg
75588284_422068381754330_1431372764211576832_n.jpg

·
Registered
418 Posts
While some prefer minimal wind protection ( and that's ok), I prefer a larger wider windscreen. I still have to be able to see over the top. I didn't like the styling of the Indian accessories windshield nor did I like what I read regarding the buffeting problems requiring aftermarket shields to fit the OEM bracketry. I opted for the National Cycle 2-up Switchblade which I direct ordered from them. I am very pleased with the results getting very little to no buffeting, just a nice breeze coming around the windshield. It has a more traditional look to it's shape & brackets which I also like. I'm 5 foot eleven and it comes about to my mouth level while riding sitting straight up. View attachment 595410 View attachment 595411
I do like the National Cycle 2-up Switchblade as well for looks. However , at 6’4”, the Freedom Shield 24’ was the only way to go. The FS comes up to my chin, and the re-curve directs the wind just where it hits the top of my helmet.

At my height, the 20’ National Cycle is too low for me and would not be effective in my case. If offered in a 24’ with the re-curve , I would have considered that one for an option.

I already had the brackets for the OEM Windshield , but I may order one of Marcus’s he makes for the Freedom Shields.

·
4,807 Posts
No problem, it's understandable with your height. The little fly screens etc. just don't do it for me. My question is how are your legs doing room-wise? At a 32 inch inseam the ends of my feet are hanging over the fronts of my floorboards even with the extended reach forward control kit.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts