Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why are there scouts sitting on showroom floors when first run orders won't be delivered in Australia till may , what the hell is going on over there, signed pissed off !!!!'!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
The 2 bikes I saw on the floor were sold (first run). And waiting for accessories.
Now I had ordered one, then canceled. So when It came in it would be up for sale. But not with first run benefits.
When I ordered it the dealer told me he didn't care if I canceled or not, but for him to get the bike on the floor he needed the order.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Unless any pre-orders cancel, we won't have any Scouts in dealer inventory until probably late February. IF dealerships have stock inventory before all pre-orders are delivered, something is seriously wrong...

·
Registered
305 Posts
The local dealer here near me in Green Bay, WI has a bike on the floor, of course that is Trappers bike and there is a sign on it 'DO NOT SIT' and of course, I was allowed to sit. But I can't imagine any other reason to have bikes on the showroom floor. Trapper's is there because it's -5 degrees C outside and we aren't riding here.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Trapper's bike shouldn't be on the floor....

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Mine was, with a sign "Don't Touch" on it, but then again it didn't stay there too long. In trappers case, I agree, it shouldn't be on the floor, should be stored away from curious folks.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Mine was, with a sign "Don't Touch" on it, but then again it didn't stay there too long. In trappers case, I agree, it shouldn't be on the floor, should be stored away from curious folks.
Either that or Trapper should charge the dealer a percentage of every Scout they sell due to his being on display.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine is only on the floor as part of an agreement we made where I received a free learher jacket of my choice and a few other gratuities in exchange so they would have a Scout to show. No one is to sit on it or ride it and I can pick it up at any time. And, as I told them "THERE BETTER NOT BE SO MUCH AS A DAMN FINGERPRINT ON IT", or it is outa there. I check on a regular basis. I'll be bringing it home sooner than they think.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Gosh. I didn't think that that knob wasn't for me to take. Kickstand? I didn't think the kickstand would retract like that.
Oops. Sorry. I would not sleep at night with mine sitting out.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Gosh. I didn't think that that knob wasn't for me to take. Kickstand? I didn't think the kickstand would retract like that.
Oops. Sorry. I would not sleep at night with mine sitting out.
These were my initial thoughts too, but I also remember having thefts and vandalisms while bikes sat outside local watering holes and restaurants. Yes, I do have some paranoia about this.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
I guess no one ever told me I needed to worry about it. When I picked up my bike, it was on the floor with Sold - Do Not Sit sign. I removed the sign, and a bunch of cowboys (and a few cute cowgirls) checked it out, sat on it, admired it as I was completing the paperwork. I tried selling it for $20k to a couple of them, no takers... But honestly, didn't at all bother me. To me it's a bike, not a rare piece of art. I was like a proud mama.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Mine is only on the floor as part of an agreement we made where I received a free learher jacket of my choice and a few other gratuities in exchange so they would have a Scout to show. No one is to sit on it or ride it and I can pick it up at any time. And, as I told them "THERE BETTER NOT BE SO MUCH AS A DAMN FINGERPRINT ON IT", or it is outa there. I check on a regular basis. I'll be bringing it home sooner than they think.
Hmmm I think it's time to take a little drive to the dealer ship and put one 'hidden' fingerprint on the bike somewhere for you to find! ;)

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Hmmm I think it's time to take a little drive to the dealer ship and put one 'hidden' fingerprint on the bike somewhere for you to find! ;)
Put a nice oily finger print on the underside of the chrome exhaust header. It will burn in real nice and brown.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
I guess no one ever told me I needed to worry about it. When I picked up my bike, it was on the floor with Sold - Do Not Sit sign. I removed the sign, and a bunch of cowboys (and a few cute cowgirls) checked it out, sat on it, admired it as I was completing the paperwork. I tried selling it for $20k to a couple of them, no takers... But honestly, didn't at all bother me. To me it's a bike, not a rare piece of art. I was like a proud mama.
I was at Lone Star Indian looking at a couple Scouts on the floor one red and the other black. Both had SOLD signs on them, was checking out the red one and a lady and gentlemen were signing the papers for the red one, I apologized for getting my finger prints all over it. .....but I did sit on the black one. The wife said I reminded her of the Shriners who road the mini bikes during parades.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
I was at Lone Star Indian looking at a couple Scouts on the floor one red and the other black. Both had SOLD signs on them, was checking out the red one and a lady and gentlemen were signing the papers for the red one, I apologized for getting my finger prints all over it. .....but I did sit on the black one. The wife said I reminded her of the Shriners who road the mini bikes during parades.

December 20th, around lunch, scruffy, unfriendly man and a cute lady with a nice butt?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts