Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Kids! I just got word on some news regarding delivery of 2015 Scouts that may arrive later than December '14.

Bobby M. from my G'Boro Indian Motorcycle Dealer replied to an earlier email I sent early Friday, it reads (in part):

"Today they informed us that not all the bikes will be here by months end, but all benefits will still apply ... 5 yr warranty and owners kit... Plus all bikes Delv after today as a bonus. The warranty will start on April 1,2015."

Just thought I would share that little nugget. Nice of them to offer a few months of extra coverage, doesn't cost them a thing.

I still think it would be a classy gesture to offer a premium for the delay though. A little token of their undying support in recognition of our undying support would be,...supportive...

I'm taking this news in stride.

Waiting on the Scout is an exercise in "delayed gratification", just another layer of the experience to be enjoyed.

Still STOKED!

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Sounds good. Save that email, solid evidence. You know they aren't giving anything up really. If I was in charge I would send my customers a reward for waiting. In the form of a prepaid debit card that could be used to purchase anything available at dealerships or online for Indian products. I'm thinking $500. Would be a nice reward for the preorder customers. That would go a long way in building support for the Indian Motorcycle.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I don't know if the Rolling Stones said it best, but they certainly said it well. " You can't always get what you want,but if you try sometime you just might find, you get what you need."

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was at the dealer (G'boro) yesterday when that news came down, and I can't say that I wasn't very disappointed in Indian. They did offer to let me take my Stage Ones home with me.:( Oh, and for the few NC guys here, I'm over in Durham.
Hey Kids! I just got word on some news regarding delivery of 2015 Scouts that may arrive later than December '14.

Bobby M. from my G'Boro Indian Motorcycle Dealer replied to an earlier email I sent early Friday, it reads (in part):

"Today they informed us that not all the bikes will be here by months end, but all benefits will still apply ... 5 yr warranty and owners kit... Plus all bikes Delv after today as a bonus. The warranty will start on April 1,2015."

Just thought I would share that little nugget. Nice of them to offer a few months of extra coverage, doesn't cost them a thing.

I still think it would be a classy gesture to offer a premium for the delay though. A little token of their undying support in recognition of our undying support would be,...supportive...

I'm taking this news in stride.

Waiting on the Scout is an exercise in "delayed gratification", just another layer of the experience to be enjoyed.

Still STOKED!

·
Registered
433 Posts
One thing you new buyers are going to learn soon is that Polaris / Indian has thus far sought to do the right thing and has been very mindful of the buyer experience. Even when things haven't gone quite right. 1st class all the way.

·
Registered
2018 Roadmaster
29 Posts
That is good information to know. Stopped in to my dealer here to see if they had heard anything else. Still a waiting game. They know that have a set number of bikes coming, but status of "tbd" on the actual ship date. I figure when it gets here, though sooner would be better.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm gonna say that Indian Motorcycle of Lakeland has been very fair. I had a good talk with them today regarding the Scout. They told me that if I wasn't satisfied or had second thoughts once I took the Scout for a spin, they'd make it right on another bike. That's comforting and good business.

I go back to the Scout every time I start looking at other bikes. It just feels like the right thing to do and every time I get a chance to see one up close and personal, it just makes me feel good about sticking with the little Indian.

Besides, I can find a nice used two-up older bike for the wife and I to enjoy... Shhh, don't tell her that... Just between the forum members and me. Right!? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cindy and qbrees

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was at the dealer (G'boro) yesterday when that news came down, and I can't say that I wasn't very disappointed in Indian. They did offer to let me take my Stage Ones home with me.:( Oh, and for the few NC guys here, I'm over in Durham.
Im out of RTP area as well. Want to order but timing not there yet. Would be nice to get Scout owners in our area together. Id ride my Triumph over and be envious.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
!
Wait a minute, what is April 1 ?? O yea April Fool. In other words believe it when you see it.

Reactions: Edward Walsh

·
Registered
142 Posts
Indian: Order now get December delivery and a five year warranty.

Me: Cool, here's my money.

Indian four months later: We screwed up and can't deliver on our commitment to a December delivery, as a consolation we're going to keep the other half of our promise, maybe.

Me: ........

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Polaris will be honoring pre-order perks of (5) year warranty and commemorative owners kits to bikes delivered past deadline. They'll also post date warranty reg to 04-01-15.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Polaris will be honoring pre-order perks of (5) year warranty and commemorative owners kits to bikes delivered past deadline. They'll also post date warranty reg to 04-01-15.
I ordered mine on Nov. 12. Do you know what warranty terms are for it?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I ordered mine on Nov. 12. Do you know what warranty terms are for it?
2 years/unltd miles. Just heard this yesterday from our rep.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts