Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was at a bike show, and one of the exhibitors there was Krazy Horse, one of the three potential Indian dealers I'd buy from here in England. I know one of the guys on the stand quite well, George used to be the workshop supervisor at Black Bear HD , a decent honest man that I trust. So I'm talking to him and he says a Scout is probably going to be too small for me, I'm 6'4" and about 215# . My question is anyone my size or bigger ridden or sat on one ?

·
Founding member
954 Posts
Was going to demo ride one. 6'3" and 230# felt very small like Honda Rebel 250 Seen there was a Roadmaster and tried it instead loved it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sat on one last week (several times), will be riding one early November; I'm 5'8, 155#'s, I personally think the bike would be a little small for a guy 6' 4", 200+.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I sat on a Scout Saturday and it is probably too small for a guy your size. Give a Chief a try, I'll bet it fits you perfectly!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, I don't want a Chief, I like the look of the Chieftan but not the seating position. I've got a tricked out stock looking Road Glide for long distance work. I want a smaller bike to replace my Buell, I'll wait until the Scounts get to the UK , if they are too small I'll perhaps look at a Victory Gunner.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
If you can fit on a Buell, the Scout will fit you. I am 6'1" with a 36" inseam and 185lbs. Scout was a little tight in the leg room but it wouldn't keep me from bombing around town on it. Long trips would be questionable. Polaris does have a different saddle, foot pegs, and handlebars to accommodate the taller riders. Check those out.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Hey 88b, I mentioned your question to the wife who talked to a guy Saturday at our Indian dealer Scout event. She said this guy told her he was 6'4" (not sure about weight) and he placed an order for a Scout. He also ordered the extended reach controls, tall windshield and extended reach bars. I'm not sure if this would work for you or not, but it appears there is "hope".

Agree with Loki...if you fit a Buell, the Scout should fit you, too. The Gunner is a nice bike and it compared well to my Dyna (sold). I hope you don't have to wait long to check out the Scout.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Loki and NorthernProducer, my Buell is a Uly XT not a bolt or lightening they are too small. I have a 32" inseam so my legs are not that long . Autumn is definitely here now and I doubt winter will be far behind it, we do ride most of the year which is why I bought the Sacrificial Buell to protect the glide from the worst of the weather. I doubt we will see Scouts before Christmas , I'll decide once I get a test ride.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Thanks Loki and NorthernProducer, my Buell is a Uly XT not a bolt or lightening they are too small. I have a 32" inseam so my legs are not that long . Autumn is definitely here now and I doubt winter will be far behind it, we do ride most of the year which is why I bought the Sacrificial Buell to protect the glide from the worst of the weather. I doubt we will see Scouts before Christmas , I'll decide once I get a test ride.
That is definitely the best option is Test it and see what you think .. I have a 29" Inseam and just about fits me perfect as is .. With the Extended Controls and Taller Seat Might fit you as well ..

·
Founding member
1,030 Posts
Sacrificial Buell Uly XT! Lol. I'd pick my Uly XT over a glide every day. Yes, I had a glide for years. My XT is a great 'everything' bike. A great sports bike, a great around town bike, and a great touring bike. We're all different, no doubt, and choice is sure nice to have. :). The Scout? I'm 6'1-2" with a 34" inseam and have one on order.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Same as comparing a Cadilac to a Porsche they will both take you around a track but, one will make squeezing into it so much more worth while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts