Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode my Silver Scout thru 75 miles of rain each way to Mission City Indian in Boerne TX from Austin today. Went thru washed over bridges and lots of nasty stuff like a champ. Rock steady (except for one slight and very manageable fishtail downshifting up a hill - - hydroplaning at 50 mph.)
I rode to Boerne despite the fact that another dealer is closer (due to some negative stuff I'd read here in the forum). All in all a good move. The folks at Mission were very nice and helpful and it took no time for the oil change and service. When I went to pay my bill, I was wished a happy Father's day and told it was all paid for - - plus a dealer t-shirt! My wife set up the surprise with help from the folks at Mission, who knew all along.
So - - 150 miles later, soaked on the outside, warm and fuzzy inside.
:)

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Rode my Silver Scout thru 75 miles of rain each way to Mission City Indian in Boerne TX from Austin today. Went thru washed over bridges and lots of nasty stuff like a champ. Rock steady (except for one slight and very manageable fishtail downshifting up a hill - - hydroplaning at 50 mph.)
I rode to Boerne despite the fact that another dealer is closer (due to some negative stuff I'd read here in the forum). All in all a good move. The folks at Mission were very nice and helpful and it took no time for the oil change and service. When I went to pay my bill, I was wished a happy Father's day and told it was all paid for - - plus a dealer t-shirt! My wife set up the surprise with help from the folks at Mission, who knew all along.
So - - 150 miles later, soaked on the outside, warm and fuzzy inside.
:)
What a great father's day surprise :D

Reactions: Tabernash

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Reactions: Tabernash

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Well, I think everyday in Boenre is a sunshiny day! No wonderful everything went so well. That is a beautiful ride. Good choice. And happy Father's Day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gotta watch downshifts in wet conditions. On the plus side, Scouts are not shaft drive, which makes downshifting in the wet ever more of a potential issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts