Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the Scout on Labor Day weekend and picked it up on Tuesday 12/30. Rode the bike home through 129 miles of 45 degree weather. Rained the last 10 miles and spend New Year's Eve detailing the bike.

When I ordered the bike, I also ordered the Short Windshield, Highway Bars, Saddlebags and spools. None of the accessories came in. I see that several are getting Saddlebags with their deliveries.... But have not seen any with windshields yet.

Anybody received one? Comments?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Ordered the Scout on Labor Day weekend and picked it up on Tuesday 12/30. Rode the bike home through 129 miles of 45 degree weather. Rained the last 10 miles and spend New Year's Eve detailing the bike.

When I ordered the bike, I also ordered the Short Windshield, Highway Bars, Saddlebags and spools. None of the accessories came in. I see that several are getting Saddlebags with their deliveries.... But have not seen any with windshields yet.

My (and my wife's) windshields came in this week. Neither are being delivered with our Scouts. Seems the windshields are just now becoming available.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Pics of the windshields on the bike please! That's probably going to be my next step - either Indian's or an aftermarket when they catch up.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Seems one other piece of information many dealers and certainly the factory failed to mention was that at the time of pre orders, accessories were a work in progress. My dealer did mention that fact and I informed them I would prefer to take delivery of a bike with all ordered parts on it and as a big boy I was prepared to wait. I fully expect to get my scout in March and anything earlier will be a great and eager surprise. The reports of parts being shipped to customers seems slapdash at best. Im sure all of you wanted a fully assembled and properly attached finished scout and not a kit. I know most of us are handy, but 11K plus is a bit much for a handy man special.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I ordered a short windshield and it is in (along with my handlebars) but no bike! I did tell the dealer that I want to see how the short shield is before I say yes to it as I might need/want the mid one. She is fine with that as I am sure there are others who would take the short if I don't.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Seems one other piece of information many dealers and certainly the factory failed to mention was that at the time of pre orders, accessories were a work in progress. My dealer did mention that fact and I informed them I would prefer to take delivery of a bike with all ordered parts on it and as a big boy I was prepared to wait. I fully expect to get my scout in March and anything earlier will be a great and eager surprise. The reports of parts being shipped to customers seems slapdash at best. I'm sure all of you wanted a fully assembled and properly attached finished scout and not a kit. I know most of us are handy, but 11K plus is a bit much for a handy man special.
I ordered in October from Las Vegas w/bags hwy bars, shield. Never got info/update from dealer until yesterday afternoon, after a morning email. I too will collect everything at once, or nothing at all. I'm trailing from So.Cal to collect the whole enchilada , bike Valley of Fire, Death Valley, then trailer back to S.Cal.

Dealer stated the accessories should be in next week and the bike is now shipping from the factory with an expected delivery of two weeks. Although he wont be able to give me an out the door price until he receives it. "We'll see".

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Seems one other piece of information many dealers and certainly the factory failed to mention was that at the time of pre orders, accessories were a work in progress. My dealer did mention that fact and I informed them I would prefer to take delivery of a bike with all ordered parts on it and as a big boy I was prepared to wait. I fully expect to get my scout in March and anything earlier will be a great and eager surprise. The reports of parts being shipped to customers seems slapdash at best. Im sure all of you wanted a fully assembled and properly attached finished scout and not a kit. I know most of us are handy, but 11K plus is a bit much for a handy man special.
I believe our somewhat advanced years of experience have jaded what expectations of the term "customer service" is. Could just exchange that with “have a nice day”, meaningless.

This ain’t yer daddy’s idea of how to do business.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
No Accessories here yet at all other the Spool for the Passenger Backrest which is Meaningless without the Passenger Seat, Pegs and Backrest ..

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
No Accessories here yet at all other the Spool for the Passenger Backrest which is Meaningless without the Passenger Seat, Pegs and Backrest ..
If there would be some straight up-front information put out by both dealers and Polaris, most customers I'm sure would be satisfied, and understand what problems there are rolling out the new bike. Leaving people that placed deposits months ago in the dark will leave many of us with a bad taste, at least until they receive EVERYTHING they ordered.

On another note, bikes are being delivered in the winter to states where riding is iffy at best. And not delivered to places like FL., CA, Australia, etc. Just frustrating.

·
Registered
441 Posts

see post #353 in the "I have my Scout Forum. Sid has black Scout with short windshield.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Short shields have been coming in. I'm not a fan of how they attach. Rubber hooks for the fork tubes and rubber coated hooks on the bars, but they are easy on/off...

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Short shields have been coming in. I'm not a fan of how they attach. Rubber hooks for the fork tubes and rubber coated hooks on the bars, but they are easy on/off...
One Reason Holding Back on Windshields Right Now until can at least see the structure of them ..

·
Registered
968 Posts
No accessories except spools and stage 1s. Per my dealer, I am top of the list for bags, tall windshield, and highway bar. Don't matter much anyways, snowing all day o_O

·
Registered
88 Posts

Yes...my Scout has the short windshield on it but still waiting on the pull back handlebars and saddlebags...
see post #353 in the "I have my Scout Forum. Sid has black Scout with short windshield.
Its a Red Scout with short windshield....

Attachments

Reactions: Jamie Sydney

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have other bikes that have windshields. I am going to use the Scout around town and for short rides to the town beach and on hot days. So, i was not thinking about a windshield for the bike. Thanks Sid for the pic - that short windshield look nice. Might have to rethink that one.

·
Founding Member
1,922 Posts
Yes...my Scout has the short windshield on it but still waiting on the pull back handlebars and saddlebags...

Its a Red Scout with short windshield....
Nice bike Sid!
Once you get some miles with the short shield let us know what you think. I would like to get a consensus on buffeting with the short and the mid screens. Enjoy your beautiful bike!

·
Founding Member
1,922 Posts
I ordered in October from Las Vegas w/bags hwy bars, shield. Never got info/update from dealer until yesterday afternoon, after a morning email. I too will collect everything at once, or nothing at all. I'm trailing from So.Cal to collect the whole enchilada , bike Valley of Fire, Death Valley, then trailer back to S.Cal.

Dealer stated the accessories should be in next week and the bike is now shipping from the factory with an expected delivery of two weeks. Although he wont be able to give me an out the door price until he receives it. "We'll see".
Congrats on getting "the call" from LV Indian, even thought you had to bug them. Curious, what color and do you know where you were on their list? I am #7 for a Red one, they are telling me probably Feb, possibly March.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Congrats on getting "the call" from LV Indian, even thought you had to bug them. Curious, what color and do you know where you were on their list? I am #7 for a Red one, they are telling me probably Feb, possibly March.
When I placed my deposit Oct 13th I was told #6, last month told #5 on the RED bike list.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Nice bike Sid!
Once you get some miles with the short shield let us know what you think. I would like to get a consensus on buffeting with the short and the mid screens. Enjoy your beautiful bike!
Unless you can compare the size shield height with the length of the riders upper torso, saddle to top of head I don't believe your going to get a fair comparison, only sayin.

1 - 20 of 372 Posts