Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all knew how this would come out.

The guy is a big Harley fan. I give him props for being honest.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Why compare with 883? I stopped watching when he said the Indian had a single mono-shock rear suspension.
They had the 883 on hand because it’s one of their giveaway motorcycles. They also compared it to the 1200, but not on camera. They said same result. The scout left the 1200 in the dust.

·
Bronze member
2,636 Posts
The moment I realized they were comparing a 883 to the big Scout ( and not the Scout 60), I went on with my day.. Morons usually can't provide me with useful information..

On the other hand, we used to race my new Stage 1 1200 Sportster 48 against my new Scout 69 often.. So I know exactly how to race those two and what happens when you do.. Only those that lost the coin toss rode the 48 ..... And once I Stage 1'd the Scout, no one rode the 48 at all.. But it does offer a "visceral riding experience" the Scouts don't - It's a bad boy and wants you to commit crimes.. (moving violations mainly).. I had to sell it cause it started cussing me out whenever I went into the garage..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are giving away the Harley. They have upgraded the suspension and are also planning to do the 1250 swap. BTW he did say the Scout would also beat the all the 1200s.

·
Rider
1,194 Posts
I dunno, comparing the Scout to an 883 Sportster, might as well compared it to a shop vac...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Should have been a Scout 60, but everyone knows that. When Scouts first came out, I took my 1200 Nightster to a demo for a direct comparison. The Scout was better in every way, brakes, power, suspension, but I liked the looks of the Sportster better, and the stock sound was far superior. Now that they offer more colors and features on the Scout, I would probably choose it over a Sportster, but still a good looking bike in my book.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a sporster 48, I have a scout 60. The sportster with slip ons has a better sound. The 60 a better ride. Sportsters feel smaller. The 60 feels like a bigger bike physically. I like the look of the 60 and get way more compliments than I ever did on the sportster. I also had a 2007 sporster roadster 1200 which has longer travel suspension and had a good ride similar to the scout.

I did upgrade the fork springs on the 60 with heavier race tech springs which made the front suspension better.

I prefer the 60 and would not go back to a sportster.

·
Rider
1,194 Posts
My first HD was an early 90s 1200 Sportster. It was the worst motorcycle I ever owned. Had a number of big twins after that, each was a great ride. My FTR 1200 is that much better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Laughable review. Scout has “too much power”? Front brake isn’t good? No vibration = no charm? Huh?
I could understand the big guy saying the Bobber was too small for him, but the rest of his “preferences” were nonsense.
“Yeah, the Scout didn’t loosen my fillings in an hour of riding like the underpowered vibrator did in the first five minutes, so I like the slow, sauna bike better.” :rolleyes:

·
Senior member / rider
1,199 Posts
Laughable review. Scout has “too much power”? Front brake isn’t good? No vibration = no charm? Huh?
I could understand the big guy saying the Bobber was too small for him, but the rest of his “preferences” were nonsense.
“Yeah, the Scout didn’t loosen my fillings in an hour of riding like the underpowered vibrator did in the first five minutes, so I like the slow, sauna bike better.” :rolleyes:
When your bike vibrates, it’s called “character” or “soul”.
When it’s someone else’s bike, it’s called “vibration”.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Every time I see a HD at a stop light I look at the rider and it looks like they are running a jackhammer... I just laugh to myself... of course the fact that every article of clothing having a HD symbol on it or some kinda skull makes me laugh to. :ROFLMAO:.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts