Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So just a brief write up on my first actual, in-the-flesh viewing of the Scout. In a word, gorgeous!
The photos really don't do it justice...the Red is fantastic and I can stare at it for hours...actually I pretty much did that today :)
I'm 5'4 (add an inch with my Stylmartin Indian boots), and the reach was perfect. I truly felt I could ride it away with no issues whatsoever.
Weight-wise, it felt light, comparatively speaking, whilst also feeling sturdy and strong and very solid..compact without being slight, if that makes any sense.
Fit and finish was just fantastic and absolutely on a par with that other American Motorcycle Company.
All in all I'm delighted, having put down the deposit before even seeing it, I have no reservations whatsoever now....oh and I asked about the proposed delivery date...mid December but no actual confirmation date.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Nice job chillingjp! Very exciting! The factory truck will be here late September in Lakeland, FL and then demo rides in November. Which the particular weekend they decided to show up for demo rides is the weekend the company I work for is moving to another location. Being an IT guy, that means long days and probably no chance of me attending :(. Oh well, guess it won't matter as my own Scout will be here a few weeks after. I can ride, sit and admire all I want!

Thanks again for the report!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind remarks :). Sorry to hear about not getting a demo, still, as you say, it won't be too long until you have one of these beauties in the garage, yay!! :). I tell you, December can't come quick enough for me. This will actually be my first bike, I know some say get a beater, but I'm one of those who believe in getting the ride(s) you love, I'll take it easy and drive defensively...
I will try to put up some more pics, was having technical difficulties earlier.

·
Registered
558 Posts
You are killing me dude! I'm freaking obsessed with this damn motorcycle!

Heck, if you got to pick a first bike it might as well be an Indian! Congrats! Good for you!!!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
My wife was there as well. She loved the bike and thinks I'll be jealous as I won't fit on it very well.
Here's her report...
I wasn't able to make it down to see the bikes in person due to my recent travels and the show schedule. My wife knows bikes and she was impressed. She said it definitely sits in the shadow of the Chieftain size-wise. She was impressed with the details of how they integrated the radiator and engine into the frame. She said it felt very light, low slung, and sounded great when they started it up. No amount of begging led to a test ride. A marketing company is in charge of taking these show models around and they aren't insured for test rides of any sort.
She said the fit and finish looks good and everything felt solid. I asked her what she liked about the bike and she said that it fit her perfectly. She felt confident and in control of the bike. When she saw the pictures, she thought it looked cool but when she saw it in person, she said she gained a greater appreciation for the look and the stance. She said she felt it could have done with a bit more chrome, but then she doubled back on that and said it looked better without it as it made the bike appear more aggressive.
When I asked what she didn't like about the bike, she said nothing. I accused her of seeing it with rose glasses, like I have with all my Indians. After a while she did mention disappointment of the key. She would have preferred the keyfob and keyless start we have on the Chiefs. She's seen the ignition switches on my Chiefs and Scouts fail after so many years of vibration and fears this may happen given the switch location on the new Scout. Outside of that, she was very happy with the bike and I know she will be driving mI wasn't able to make it down to see the bikes in person due to my recent travels and the show schedule. Mouse knows bikes and she was impressed. She said it definitely sits in the shadow of the Chieftain size-wise. She was impressed with the details of how they integrated the radiator and engine into the frame. She said it felt very light, low slung, and sounded great when they started it up. No amount of begging led to a test ride. A marketing company is in charge of taking these show models around and they aren't insured for test rides of any sort.
She said the fit and finish looks good and everything felt solid. I asked her what she liked about the bike and she said that it fit her perfectly. She felt confident and in control of the bike. When she saw the pictures, she thought it looked cool but when she saw it in person, she said she gained a great appreciation for the look and the stance. She said she felt it could have done with a bit more chrome, but then she doubled back on that and said it looked better without it as it made the bike appear more aggressive.
When I asked what she didn't like about the bike, she said nothing. I accused her of seeing it with rose glasses, like I have with all my Indians. After a while she did mention disappointment of the key. She would have preferred the keyfob and keyless start we have on the Chiefs. She's seen the ignition switches on my Chiefs and Scouts fail after so many years of vibration and fears this may happen given the switch location on the new Scout. Outside of that, she was very happy with the bike and I know she will be driving Mark Moses and me crazy with questions until hers is delivered in December.e crazy with questions until hers is delivered in December.
15108680536_4faf266563_c.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are they still there? I talked to them a few weeks ago and they said they would have any to view or demo until November or December.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, they have gone on to other dealers....unfortunately. The next time will be when the pre orders are delivered, in December...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Cripple, the will be in Phoenix this week. Not sure if you want to make the trip. Also, you can check with Polaris. They may be somewhere in LA this weekend still

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the post and all the great pics, it's really nice to see detail pics of the bikes and not just marketing pics. Also as a guy that is 5'4" also I appreciate the pics of you on the bike as it gives good perspective of how I would fit on the bike, looks like it is going to fit like a glove. Now if I can just convince the wife to let me put down that deposit, almost got her there....lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers, yeah for me the fit was the important thing. I was delighted with the reach...the bars just felt very natural and comfortable. Glad you liked the pics, its a great looking motorcycle! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Neither. They haven't gone into production yet. They are taking pre-orders until the end of September, with a rough delivery date of December. There are no demo rides, just a tour around the country with a couple of Scouts....not sure what you saw on the 405.. :)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
There are test rides going on in certain locations where they have the test bikes from Sturgis. The marketing company taking pairs of bikes to various dealerships do not have the insurance to offer test rides.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts