Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new to the indian brand after riding harleys for 15 years i made the change. The problem i am having is finding a good 2up seat that isnt a corbin and that has a passenger seat wider than 7in. I dont want corbin to be my only option for a good seat. Does anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mustang solo seat and Indian Touring pillion pad. Plenty comfortable, and a wide seat for the passenger.

Reactions: muz and Mark H

·
Rider
764 Posts
Brand new to the indian brand after riding harleys for 15 years i made the change. The problem i am having is finding a good 2up seat that isnt a corbin and that has a passenger seat wider than 7in. I dont want corbin to be my only option for a good seat. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Go to west end web site, they got lots of cool seats for the scout. I think they got a sale right now. On all indian seats.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check out S&S custom Cycles! They have several options and look better than a lot of the stuff out there IMO.
I just added a Roland Sands 2 up seat, but that doesn't fit your requirements and wouldn't be comfy for a rider.

·
Rider
764 Posts
I had 25 years of Harley Davidson and switched over to indian in 2018. I guess I couldn’t get along with the M8. But now that I’m on indian I’m all good with my choice. The seat thing on the scout is a lot of solo stuff. Some 2 up stuff. Mustang has sum ok seats with pillion rear, here’s how I did it. I showed the ol lady all the two ups I could find, she looked at um all and said,, “ buy the Corbin Duel tour seat and I’ll pay for it “ we’ll I can do that real easy. So there ya go,, happy ol lady,, happy me ( didn’t half to pay for it ) and it’s on and looks good. Now n then I’ll put the solo OEM on there and go bar hoppen,, down to Hooters. I will say that Corbin seat is comfortable, but best of all,,, the ol lady bought it..

·
Rider
764 Posts
The Mees seat ,the runaround seat,, mite work. Any seats a good bar hopper seat. For the nice long runs,,, ya can’t go wrong with Corbin. I’ll tell ya what some guys are doing,, there getting there OEM solo seat Reupholsters with softer foam and cover. Ain’t seen one yet but it mite be a good way to go.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the same setup as Poolboy. The Mustang seat is much better than the stock seat and the Indian touring pillion works well for my wife.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I rock the Corbin Seat. My wife and I do a lot of long rides and she finds this very comfortable. I've also heard good things on the Mustang seats. See pic below

Attachments

·
Rider
764 Posts
Don’t like the OEM pillion rear pad,,?,,or the OEM sissy bar and rack,,, indian has a sport seat for the scout,, kinda has a pointy rear section,, my ol lady wouldn’t sit on that. You got two real choices,,, buy the ol lady her own scout or,,, buy a CORBIN duel tour seat. I got one and it’s awesome.

·
Rider
764 Posts
I’m looking for a 2 up setup myself and found some pretty good seat and touring pillions at,, Mechanicsurplus.com yeah they look like they got possibly what I need,, you auto check um out ,, it just mite work for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts