Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a photoshop expert here that could humor me and photoshop a Scout with the Roadmaster gear? Saddle bags, tour pak and faring. I can picture in my head what the rear end would look like and I think the stuff is just too big but the Chieftain tour pak might work and I've seen smaller saddle bags that look good to so I think that part could work but I'm having a hard time picturing the faring on it.

Again I suspect it is way too big but I'm also picturing a batwing on it that might look good. Reason is I'd like to down size at some point but I still want the farkles of the full blown touring bikes. I know if you find the right dealer they can build anything you can dream up. I did it once with a BMW. But the Scout just may be too small physically.

The engine would handle it but the suspension would probably need to be beefed up. I think it would make an assume light touring bike for a solo rider if built up for it. But I can't picture the darn thing in my mind. Anyone able to try it? I know, sacreligous(sp?). Someone has to daydream.:D Right?

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
There is a member here that goes by Twinhit that is real good with this stuff, but he hasn't been on in a long time. Maybe he will see this and respond. He has a thread you can check out

Custom Scout Thread | Indian Motorcycle Forum

·
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I sent him a message.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Excellent. You're welcome

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I think Cameramanx was doing some photoshopping too. He seems to be around more than Twinhit these days.

I kinda miss ol' Twinnie.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I think Cameramanx was doing some photoshopping too. He seems to be around more than Twinhit these days.

Boy, don't let him hear you say that :rolleyes:

·
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it would need more displacement. Instead of a Scout, they could call it a SCOUT!
I'm not so sure. I started my motorcycling on a 80 Honda 185 Twinstar. I made that little bitty thing a bagger and when I told the shop where I got my stuff that I wanted to put a batwing on it too they just laughed. I got the last laugh. It actually did much better with it including mileage going up. I couldn't believe it myself. I have a picture of it somewhere. Looked like a baby Harley.

·
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Okay, thanks. Sent him a message too.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I'm not so sure. I started my motorcycling on a 80 Honda 185 Twinstar. I made that little bitty thing a bagger and when I told the shop where I got my stuff that I wanted to put a batwing on it too they just laughed. I got the last laugh. It actually did much better with it including mileage going up. I couldn't believe it myself. I have a picture of it somewhere. Looked like a baby Harley.
Just trying to get a mental image of that.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Is there a photoshop expert here that could humor me and photoshop a Scout with the Roadmaster gear? Saddle bags, tour pak and faring...
How's this? Certainly not an expert rendition, & sorry the colors don't match. Something my husband cobbled up in a few minutes.

Attachments

·
Founding member
1,068 Posts
Hi injuncowboy. What I have been doing is minor, changing paint colors and slapping on logo changes. What you need is someone who can get the proportions of various parts correct when adding them to a scout. I hope that you can reach twinhit he has the skills that you need. I've just added a thing or two to his hard work. Good luck.

·
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
How's this? Certainly not an expert rendition, & sorry the colors don't match. Something my husband cobbled up in a few minutes.
Wow! That's great. The tour pak is as I suspected. A little large. Surprising to me the bags don't look that bad. I can see there would be a need for exhaust work but I like true duals anyway so maybe something could be done there very easily. What I'm really surprise with is the faring. That actually looks darn good. Thank you ever so much. I can see now I will be trying to find a dealer willing to take the challenge. It really looks darn good to me. Put the Chieftain tour pak on instead and I know I've seen some nice looking smaller bags if that needs to be done but dang, I like it. I know there will be many think it looks stupid but I don't. Thanks a bunch. I'm going to have fun trying to decide exactly which way to go. Cost to do this will be nearly the same as a Roadmaster in the end but this just may give me exactly what I'm looking for. A light weight touring bike. Weigh that though with how much easier it will be to just go Roadmaster. Decisions decisions!

Oh and thank your husband too!!!!!:D

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Is there a photoshop expert here that could humor me and photoshop a Scout with the Roadmaster gear? Saddle bags, tour pak and faring. I can picture in my head what the rear end would look like and I think the stuff is just too big but the Chieftain tour pak might work and I've seen smaller saddle bags that look good to so I think that part could work but I'm having a hard time picturing the faring on it.

Again I suspect it is way too big but I'm also picturing a batwing on it that might look good. Reason is I'd like to down size at some point but I still want the farkles of the full blown touring bikes. I know if you find the right dealer they can build anything you can dream up. I did it once with a BMW. But the Scout just may be too small physically.

The engine would handle it but the suspension would probably need to be beefed up. I think it would make an assume light touring bike for a solo rider if built up for it. But I can't picture the darn thing in my mind. Anyone able to try it? I know, sacreligous(sp?). Someone has to daydream.:D Right?
Sir, I'm not being condce

i hope you don't get mad at what I say but here it goes. Don't buy the Scout. You can't spend enough money to make it something it wasn't intended to be. A Corvette is a sports car and that's all it will ever be. Why try to change it. A Cadillac is a luxury car with all of the comfort you need. Buy the bike that fits your riding style and comes with the features you want. The Scout is meant to be one up fun riding, why change it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Sir, I'm not being condce

i hope you don't get mad at what I say but here it goes. Don't buy the Scout. You can't spend enough money to make it something it wasn't intended to be. A Corvette is a sports car and that's all it will ever be. Why try to change it. A Cadillac is a luxury car with all of the comfort you need. Buy the bike that fits your riding style and comes with the features you want. The Scout is meant to be one up fun riding, why change it.
Not trying to be condescending either.
Do you remember the show "Route 66"? I believe they travelled cross country in a Corvette. Some people are comfortable in a trailer while others must have a 5 star hotel. Not everyone can afford or want a big Cadillac (for some people it just harder to maneuver when stopped) so they make do with smaller and what they can afford. Different strokes for different folks. Make a machine do something different is called Customization, Modification. The only thing that counts is if the person making the changes is happy with the outcome.
We all have dreams. Unless they are detrimental, contribute and let them fly. Just my two cents :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Well.....Think of making a Sportster into a bagger. :confused: I don't see the point to that. I think the Scout looks pretty good with the passenger seat, bags, backrests and windshield. That's plenty dressed up. A touring bike needs the mass torque and rider space built in.

·
Registered
716 Posts
The picture with the fairing looks pretty good but if you look close it sits way to to low on the forks. Would take a ton of fabricating to get the proportions right. I understand what you are trying to do, I had to get rid of my road king because the weight at stop lights was getting to be too much ( like many others I trashed my back ) I went to a sportster to solve that problem, Rode a new vintage and found that the way it carries its weight is totally different than the r.k. Took a new vintage home that day. All that aside, you can buy a bat wing style fairing made to fit all sorts of bikes, they are just the outer shell and windshield so probably much lighter as well.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts