Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts

Anyone want to bet if they get their accessories before we do? :confused:
Could be a great deal of the lack of accessories in USA, could (?) be that they are being funneled into the European market along with the bikes being sent to Europe?
This could also explain why a lot of people in the USA are still waiting for their bikes to arrive that they ordered MONTHS ago? :eek::eek:

Probably not true, but just saying....... the possibility is there!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I'm sorry, but this is just not right with all the people who pre ordered and don't have theirs yet. This just puts a bad taste in my mouth. :(
If this is true I agree:mad:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
After a little poking around UK websites. It looks to me like drop by our dealers. Have some tea and cookies, drool over the bikes, leave a deposit and we'll get back to you in a couple of months. Have any of you heard this story before? Here's my lit match... All 2015 Indians sold in Europe get a 5 year warranty.

Indian® Motorcycle Britain-news item
Scout Launch Day 17th Jan
Want Gas to go with it? Not only do they get ABS and other small extras. ALL bikes get the 5yr. warranty. Still waiting for Polaris to fulfill thier first promise on first run bike. Not a happy camper.:mad:

INDIAN MOTORCYCLE of Model Year 2014, purchased at the original retail dealership in the United Kingdom
between October 1, 2013 and March 31, 2015 (included)

·
Registered
31 Posts
if make you feel any better the aussie scouts are still over a month away and that's only for the guys who ordered many moons ago (sept/oct) the other will get late march early april ... but the Bloody Pom's get thiers now,, that Sux!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
I didn't really read that to say they will have them on the floor readily available for sale .. But definitely stirs up a Hornets nest anyway .. :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I didn't really read that to say they will have them on the floor readily available for sale .. But definitely stirs up a Hornets nest anyway .. :)
Should know for sure in a few days:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I could be upset about what Indian does in Europe or elsewhere in the world, but I decided I'm not going to be.

Reactions: cameramanx

·
Registered
168 Posts
Anyone want to bet if they get their accessories before we do? :confused:
Could be a great deal of the lack of accessories in USA, could (?) be that they are being funneled into the European market along with the bikes being sent to Europe?
This could also explain why a lot of people in the USA are still waiting for their bikes to arrive that they ordered MONTHS ago? :eek::eek:

Probably not true, but just saying....... the possibility is there!

Well, sadly most european countries have, if any, received one Scout to show around.
There have been quite some people in Europe ordering the Scout in August as well, just like many of you from the states, 99.9% have not yet received their bike as of now.
My Scout is supposed to be here (Switzerland) in April, ordered 13. August 2014........
The whole world is waiting for their bikes to arrive. Yes it would have been awesome to see first come first serve, worldwide, but guess that did not sail. They work 3 shifts to make bikes, not enough, demand simply is too high (numbers up to over 300% more than expected are around).
The poms probably wont see Scouts delievered before probably March/April.
That said, i am pretty sure that the accessories will not be in stores here before the bikes are.
All (future) Indian Scout riders, take a deep breath, find your inner peace, when spring hits the northern hemisphere most will have their Scout and all will be grand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts