Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought mine in April. Started troubling me in May or so, dealer said, there's an issue with the 2017 scout starters, and fixed mine. After reaching almost 5000 miles, Now the starter is acting weird again. Does anyone else have the same problem with their 2017 or for that matter, any scout??

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I bought mine in April. Started troubling me in May or so, dealer said, there's an issue with the 2017 scout starters, and fixed mine. After reaching almost 5000 miles, Now the starter is acting weird again. Does anyone else have the same problem with their 2017 or for that matter, any scout??
There are some who've posted on this forum that they've had the starter replaced maybe three times in quick succession this year. That said, my first one lasted for over a year and 12,000 miles, so I'm hoping the new one they fitted is one of the very latest and not one of those from that part of this year which saw repeated failures.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are some who've posted on this forum that they've had the starter replaced maybe three times in quick succession this year. That said, my first one lasted for over a year and 12,000 miles, so I'm hoping the new one they fitted is one of the very latest and not one of those from that part of this year which saw repeated failures.
I have to get it replaced too. Its funny but, it kinda hurts when it cranks over and over again!

·
Registered
374 Posts
My dealership is waiting for the part to come in. Apparently there are 3 other bikes up here also waiting for this too. I'm not sure what their purchase date, year of bike or mileage. But mines a 2016, bought 5 months ago (April 2017), and has over 5k miles. Started having issues with it now almost 2 months ago.

·
Super Moderator
4,909 Posts
At the top right of the page is a "search" field, type in the word starter and you should have a lot of reading material. Also, look at the very bottom of this page, you'll see related threads. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts