Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
23D13FDD-8CD9-4C55-97D0-DB73FE7853DC.png
Trying to find out the height on these handlebars. 16? 18”? Not having much luck finding a used set, except very overpriced on eBay. Might have to go aftermarket. Does anyone know? Could someone go measure please? Really appreciate it, and if someone has a nice used set they want to part with, let me know please!

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
Those are not factory bars or at least not stock bars. And I don't remember any variations being available from the factory.

Look for 97 softtail bars. They should work. The diameter and spacing at the triple trees is the main thing you need to look at. Back in the day, there were very few "Chubby" ie, 11/4" diameters bars on any bikes...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are not factory bars or at least not stock bars. And I don't remember any variations being available from the factory.

Look for 97 softtail bars. They should work. The diameter and spacing at the triple trees is the main thing you need to look at. Back in the day, there were very few "Chubby" ie, 11/4" diameters bars on any bikes...
Thanks for the info. I thought they were spirit bars. The T-bars currently on the bike are not comfortable for me, looking for other stock looking options.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think I may have one - my Chief came to me with Spirit/Scout handle bars. Being longer, the reach was just too great for me - why you' have to be a Gorilla to reach them comfortably!

Anyway, I took it off and replaced it with set of Beach Bars. Now they're just floating around the garage, getting the way of next project. Ping me if Interested.

Kind regards,
- Michael

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I may have one - my Chief came to me with Spirit/Scout handle bars. Being longer, the reach was just too great for me - why you' have to be a Gorilla to reach them comfortably!

Anyway, I took it off and replaced it with set of Beach Bars. Now they're just floating around the garage, getting the way of next project. Ping me if Interested.

Kind regards,
- Michael
Thanks Bud, But I found what I’m looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts