Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just picked up a 2016 Scout Sixty July 3rd. The bike was bought new and kept in an unheated garage for 4 years and they only put 200 miles total on it. The bike looks new and seems to run great. So I haul the bike home on a trailer but notice signs of nesting mice (dog food and "other signs" falling out from under the gas tank). I cleared out what I could, topped off oil and coolant to fill line and took the bike around the neighborhood for 20 minutes or so and then it dies on me and wouldn't stay running for more than a few seconds. After letting it cool off overnight, it starts but shuts off after 5 minutes or so until it warms up (idling) and then won't run hot. So then I have a check engine light, code 520333 (4) (research says "02 sensor, pre, bank 2, low voltage") and still won't stay running when hot. I pulled off the gas tank, vacuumed off the air filter and now she won't start. Pump runs, plugs spark (audible) but no attempt of turning over from what I hear. I've got an oil change kit, air filter and battery charger on order but I'm not sure where to start and the closest dealer is ~70 miles away... has anyone had any similar symptoms or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Are you sure you still have enough water in the system? Did you check the level in the reservoir? It’s a bit tricky, but search this forum for best instructions on where exactly to place that flashlight or just do it at night 🤓

·
Bronze member
1,462 Posts
Did you make sure the wiring was chewed through ?. Battery in good condition and terminals tight ? Spray contact cleaner or Tri-flow aerosol in the switches on the bars. Unplug any connectors and spray them w/Triflow too. Look at that the fuse panel and wiring and for any unplugged terminals. These are things that can be checked for free.

·
Bronze member
1,941 Posts
Loose battery terminals are a common issue causing " no start" issues on these Scouts. And with only 200 miles on it, I'd bet that's your first problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey all,

I just picked up a 2016 Scout Sixty July 3rd. The bike was bought new and kept in an unheated garage for 4 years and they only put 200 miles total on it. The bike looks new and seems to run great. So I haul the bike home on a trailer but notice signs of nesting mice (dog food and "other signs" falling out from under the gas tank). I cleared out what I could, topped off oil and coolant to fill line and took the bike around the neighborhood for 20 minutes or so and then it dies on me and wouldn't stay running for more than a few seconds. After letting it cool off overnight, it starts but shuts off after 5 minutes or so until it warms up (idling) and then won't run hot. So then I have a check engine light, code 520333 (4) (research says "02 sensor, pre, bank 2, low voltage") and still won't stay running when hot. I pulled off the gas tank, vacuumed off the air filter and now she won't start. Pump runs, plugs spark (audible) but no attempt of turning over from what I hear. I've got an oil change kit, air filter and battery charger on order but I'm not sure where to start and the closest dealer is ~70 miles away... has anyone had any similar symptoms or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
I'm curious to hear what you found and if you got it running fine.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Me too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts