Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Rider
841 Posts
^^ I love it... Not gonna work for old Farts like me and The Missus, but it sure is Cool...
Too Bad that Butt Ugly Radiator wrecks the whole darn Picture... for me anyway!

·
Registered
41 Posts
yeah this custom job was actually done in Germany(GMBH). I haven't seen anything like this in the US specifically designed for the Scout, but Champion side cars....look nice on the Chieftains.

·
Horseman of the Apocalypse & all around great guy!
338 Posts
I've always wondered what a Scout sidecar rig would look like, but never went the the trouble of looking it up. I like that hot rod sidecar mod and the Scout combo. not as much as love my Vintage/DMC rig, of course, but the Scout rig is still pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
when i visited freedom sidecars they were doing a scout, Claude Stanley the owner said they were waiting on a matching OE wheel for it as that was the first year for scouts. they are in Middleburg PA + do it all!!! they install any "chair" or build from scratch!!!

·
Bronze member
1,148 Posts
I'm also going the sidecar route with my Willow Green Vintage. I'll be adding a Hannigan sidecar hopefully at this time next year. Already spoke to Larry at Hannigan in Kentucky. ;)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
look on adventurerider.com in the hack section, " chairs" for sale or info on links. i bought my motorvation spyder from a member on triumphrat at a nice savings, he had it on an earlier bonneville with the same frame making the mounts compatible with my later bonneville. mounting is VERY important for safety, you can DIY if you can or get a pro like freedom sidecars to do it. you can have the chair shipped there + they will fabricate first class safe mounts. Claude the owner may be able to hook you up with a preowned on, just call, hes a great guy + always willing to help! he is on the adventurerider forums as well

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
new quality sidecars are not cheap, with xtras you want + install, not to mention the needed subframe because a scout dont have a typical older frame to mount the chair. but whats cheap these days!! i was lucky to get a preowned like new motorvation spyder that was on another bonneville with the same frame. it was color matched to the previous owners bike + i am thinking of getting my bike painted to match as i gouged the finish on the tank when it fell over on my lawnmower!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
new quality sidecars are not cheap, with xtras you want + install, not to mention the needed subframe because a scout dont have a typical older frame to mount the chair. but whats cheap these days!! i was lucky to get a preowned like new motorvation spyder that was on another bonneville with the same frame. it was color matched to the previous owners bike + i am thinking of getting my bike painted to match as i gouged the finish on the tank when it fell over on my lawnmower!!!

Thank you sir for attaching the price guide.

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
I stole this from another Forum
Sidecar

Looks just right for something Scout Size.. Kids/Dogs OK... Old Farts??? will never get in nor out..
Good Price for a Neat little Hack tho.. IMO
That is a Great little sidecar, made in the 70s. American made - I think it is a Texas Sidecar - weighs about 130lbs all said and done - great for smaller bikes - they were put on Everything - HDs, Hondas, Yamahas, etc.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts